C h a p t e r 51

Content Warning: Discussions about self-harm, sexual abuse, and suicide.

A/N: If these are things you're not comfortable reading about, you are more than able to skip this whole chapter without worry. Please note that this is not meant to represent everyone who suffers from abuse, self-harm, or anything similar, it is simply written from my own individual perspective.

Also, as always, my messages are open to anyone who wants to talk, whether it's about this chapter or anything else. ♡

Chapter 51 : CalebFriday, August 13th, 2021

Chapter 51 : Caleb
Friday, August 13th, 2021

Madelyn Adams—Madelyn Caddel—is Marcus's daughter.

Daughter, daughter, daughter.

That single word has been echoing through my head over and over again during the last week we've spent with her.

Finding Madelyn in our kitchen on Monday was one of the biggest reliefs of my life, but despite that, I don't know how nobody else is expressing how worrisome this entire situation is.

Seeing her back in our home brought a sense of happiness to me I didn't know was possible, but that doesn't change the fact that her father is the same person I've dedicated the last multiple years of my life to killing.

What's worse is that I don't plan to shoot down that dedication either. None of us do.

Where that leaves us now, however, I have no clue.

All I know at this point is that Xavier's plan with his father fucked us all over, even if it was his only option at the time.

At the end of the day, that doesn't change the fact that Madelyn is going to hate us when she finds out the very person we've spoken so lowly about is the man who also raised her.

Throughout my entire friendship with Alec and Xavier, I've always been the logical one; it is my job after all.

And between the smiles and words Madelyn and I have exchanged these last few days, I couldn't help it as a daunting thought crossed my mind.

Is it possible this is all a trap?

As horrible as it is, it wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to get close with us for information.

I had wondered if Madelyn was sent by her father to gain intel, because I know Madelyn is more than smart enough to do something like that.

That was where my mind branched to when I first found out her relation to Marcus, but then, I thought of every single moment we've shared together as well.

I can still see the fear in her eyes when Xavier shot that man all those weeks ago. And the lust she experienced when I teased her under the table at Jolene's.

When she watched Alec and I take that girl together at the wedding, and the first time she submitted completely to us, just as we've been slowly giving ourselves to her in return.