C h a p t e r 27

Chapter 27 : MadelynFriday, July 30th, 2021

Friday, July 30th, 2021

This morning, I received a text from Caleb giving me the schedule for next week.

On Monday I'm with Alec, Wednesday is the group scene, Friday with Xavier and Saturday with Caleb.

I'm extremely nervous, but just as much excited at the same time.

I never thought an arrangement like this could actually be possible, but here I am with not one but three men who I truly believe would never bring me harm.

Honestly, I'm happy right now.

I decided to get a shift stocking the bar during the day, so my night could be free to get signed up with the more secretive part of Rush.

Alec also said we'd begin my training later tonight, and thoughts of what they possibly could have planned continued to appear all day at work and now as I move out of my parked car and towards the nightclub.

Readjusting my long coat, I make sure I'm still covered to outsiders.

My heart is racing, knowing I'll soon be exposed to hundreds of people, but I try not to worry too much as I walk towards a separate entrance at the back, the one Caleb texted me about earlier.

As promised, I soon spotted new doors along the side of the building with a long horizontal stripe moving through the center of them.

Should be it.

Pushing down on the handle and opening the door, I see two bouncers similar to the ones standing guard at the entrance through the nightclub.

What do I say to them?

To my luck, they're the ones who speak first in the small hallway I walked into.

Instead of checking a list like I expected them to, the shorter one pushes open the door behind him for me.

"Right this way, Miss Adams." He says, and I assume one of my men told him I was coming.

Soon seeing the familiar setting of the lobby, I find the same woman from when I first came here sitting at the receptionist desk.

When Cassidy hears the door close behind me, her head flicks up at me.

"Ah, Madelyn, it's nice to see you again." She greets, stepping out from behind her desk. "So sorry for sending you down there without a proper heads up. I figured you were at least aware it was a dungeon."

"It wasn't your fault." I say, internally rolling my eyes at the thought of my bitch of a boss again.

I don't think I'm going to be able to put up with Riley's shit for much longer.

It's not what my dad taught me to do and I know if he were here, he'd tell me to stand up to her, most likely in a violent way.

We'll cross that bridge if it comes to it.