C h a p t e r 59

Sexual Content Warning ⚠️

Chapter 59 : CalebThursday, August 19th, 2021

Chapter 59 : Caleb
Thursday, August 19th, 2021

The rain currently pouring outside was effectively souring my mood, however the knowledge of who was about to be at my door brightened it immensely.

I've painfully waited twenty four days to have Madelyn to myself for the night, and while the rain ruined my plans of taking her out, I refused to allow this to be anything less than perfect.

I may not be able to cook and don't know the first thing about dating, but that didn't stop my heart from racing nervously, yet excitedly, at the sound of the doorbell ringing.

Tonight was going to be about me and her.

Adjusting the cuffs of my leather jacket, I steadily walked over to the door to find Madelyn absolutely soaked on the other side, her hair wet and makeup running under her eyes.

"Hey, darling." I smile at the sight, trying to add some teasing into my tone to lighten her noticeably unhappy state.

All I get is a quick hi in response, Madelyn walking past me and hastily placing her purse onto the front table.

"Whoa, what's going on?" I ask, reaching out to her with my hand only to just be brushed off with a shrug of her shoulder.

Seeing her reflection in the mirror, I notice her eyes are slightly puffy, and I know that's not from the rain.

"Hey," I say again softly, my eyebrows furrowing at the sight of Madelyn's obvious mood right now.

"Not everything's your business, you know." She murmurs under her breath, trying to reel away from me.

I didn't know what was going on, but something is very very wrong here.

I watch as Madelyn pushes off her shoes with her hands, soon standing barefoot on the front hall mat, not wanting to drag water into the house.

The way her arms wrapped around her body indicated her trying to close everything off, but that wasn't happening. Especially not with me.

Walking towards her and forcing her to turn to me, I don't allow her to look away as I tilt her head up to meet my gaze.

As I suspected, there was no doubt her messed up makeup wasn't caused by the rain alone.

She'd been crying, and I was ready to end the person who was the cause of it.

"Okay. You and I are going to talk about what's the matter, I'm going to pamper you and treat you to a proper date, and then I'm going to remind you who you're speaking to here." I say, holding her and not letting Madelyn shut me out.

So far this night has gone anything but what I'd planned, but I refused to let anything ruin this for us.

"Do you think I could get a towel first?" Madelyn asks, and though I know she's trying to rein it in, I could still hear the bite in her tone.