C h a p t e r 31

Sexual Content Warning ⚠️

Chapter 31 : MadelynSunday, August 1st, 2021

Sunday, August 1st, 2021

While I may be off work tonight, I'm still currently on my way to Rush as Xavier, Alec, and Caleb's plus one.

Apparently people don't pay much attention to each other's dates, and that the club's anniversary party is more of a business meeting rather than a celebration.

However, those working the bar are some of my fellow coworkers, and I know there'll be a lot of questions for me to answer during my next shift.

While that part is practically a guarantee, I'm fairly clueless as to what the rest of the night entails.

I can guess it's very important and filled with influential people though, because Hailey and Aaliyah made a huge deal about dressing me "properly."

They made it clear that while this event was being hosted at the club, I should still be dressing to impress.

I trust that my appearance will play the part though, because the dress I took from Hailey made me feel like a goddess, and I've never met someone who could do makeup as flawlessly as Aaliyah.

The three of us have gotten fairly close recently, and when I'm not working or staying with my men, we typically hang out together.

Stepping out of the car Xavier sent to pick me up, I thank the driver again before he drives off to who knows where.

Turning to face the massive building, I instantly see multiple expensive cars filling the parking lot and the sound of distant conversations coming from inside.

No one questions me when I enter Rush, looking around at the anniversary decor and the completely converted club space.

There's no loud music or flashing lights, just a room filled with multimillionaires— many of whom I recognize— as well as a large buffet with people walking around with champagne flutes.

So far my daily visit to Jolene's is the most normal part of my day, and I got to watch her chase a man out of the place with a wooden spoon for complaining too much.

I can still figure it out here though.

I just pray I won't stick out like a sore thumb to every other wealthy person.

Unfortunately that hope is crushed the second I walk into sight, multiple people glancing my way casually.

I can't find Alec or Xavier anywhere, but I spot Caleb off talking to people, or he was at least.

I blush as he turns to face me, those he was talking to doing the same and falling silent from their conversation.

Show confidence and no one can touch you.

My dad's common belief in faking it till you make it pops into my head as I take one step after another into the room, straight to where Caleb is.

When I got a better view of his guests, I nearly freaked out when I recognized the one man as a multi-award winning actor, and forced myself to look calm as I walked right to their side.