C h a p t e r 42

Sexual Content Warning ⚠️

Chapter 42 : MadelynSaturday, August 7th, 2021

Saturday, August 7th, 2021

When Caleb told me they were taking me out for burgers, I think I really misunderstood just how much these men enjoyed this joint downtown.

Each of their orders doubled mine in size easily, and they even bought extra so they could have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I got a chocolate shake with sweet potato fries and a BLT hamburger, while each of them had their own regular order that they've apparently gotten every single time since they moved to New York.

I took their word for it, enjoying the light conversation we all engaged in on the drive out to god knows where.

Alec was the one driving today in one of their convertibles, as usual, speeding at a rate that made my skin tingle with an edge of adrenaline.

We'd spent about fifteen minutes driving around after grabbing our food, but Alec promised that we'd be pulling over any second now.

I didn't mind though.

Honestly, I enjoyed laughing with them all, especially when it came from Caleb and Xavier's bickering and constant jabs thrown at each other.

They spoke like siblings would, and mostly, it was just straight up entertaining listening to Xavier's mixture of seriousness and amusement, and Caleb's humor and personality.

I was smiling until my face hurt, but I had a feeling that wasn't going to end anytime soon, nor did I want it to.

"Wait, this is where we're going?" I ask, my eyes flicking over the trees now on either side of the much narrower road.

There weren't any streetlights on the side anymore, and the sound of cars on the main roadway had become nothing more than a distant hum after a few minutes.

"I figured some privacy might be nice." Alec said, pulling into a massive circular clearing with the trees surrounding us on all sides.

The only noise to accompany were the crickets in the grass, the birds singing from the trees, and the low hum of the mostly quiet engine.

"How do you guys find places like this?" I smile, unbuckling my seat belt and twisting to find that we're completely alone here.

"When you've lived here for as long as we have, you tend to get bored of the same old scenery and never ending busyness of the city." Caleb says from the front seat.

So far I love New York, but I feel like after a year or two, I might very well develop the same itch to find new places— places like this.

I simply hummed in response, grabbing a hold of the three bags of food, passing the one up to the front which Caleb happily took.