C h a p t e r 10

Chapter 10 : AlecSunday, July 18th, 2021

Chapter 10 : Alec
Sunday, July 18th, 2021

I didn't think I'd ever see her again, but here we are.

Madelyn is currently in my hold, my arm looped around her body.

From the second I shook hands with her, I had observed her every reaction, both with us, and those around her.

I didn't miss the way she bites the inside of her cheek before she takes a photo, or the way her legs kept pressing together every time we were near her.

She seemed to be very attuned to her surroundings, even more now that I'm by her side.

I don't like that she's scared, but it's rather appropriate considering what little she knows of us. I can't imagine how terrified she'd be if she actually knew who we were.

Even though I had agreed merely days ago to never see her again, I now understand what Caleb was talking about.

He only informed us today that he and Madelyn spoke at my aunt's cafe recently. After meeting her personally, I now fully understand the appeal of the beautiful girl he described to us earlier.

Sure, it was the initial physical attraction that drew me in to her, but every one of our encounters has only left me wanting more.

Throughout the night, I watched as she spoke to many people, but it was only us that caused her to flick her eyes away under pressure and shift when we spoke to her.

Even when we were dancing together, she may have been scared, but her lust was still highly apparent.

Every moment I'm with her, I'm more and more glad we didn't need to kill her, but now, things are different. Now, she knows.

After Madelyn walked away from Xavier on those steps, leaving us all in a state of both surprise and admiration, the four of us contemplated on what to do.

Hailey wasn't even supposed to make it tonight, but of course, her schedule cleared up.

She's friends with Jules who was more than happy she could make it, even if it was last minute. It caused a whole lot of chaos for us, though.

Caleb ran the risks of a few possibilities we could go about to deal with this situation and ultimately decided that talking was the most idealistic method.

We could of course kill her, but Hailey would never forgive us, and none of us wanted Madelyn dead anyway.

We could kidnap her and keep her with us to ensure her mouth is kept shut, but as tempting as that is, it could get messy fairly quickly.

We could take something she deeply cared about as leverage, but Caleb struck down that idea as quickly as it formed. It wasn't because a risk was involved, but because he liked her, whether he would admit it or not.