𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔.𝟏𝟖

With wobbly legs, Beomgyu still stumbled across the mowed lawn, on and on

With wobbly legs, Beomgyu still stumbled across the mowed lawn, on and on. Tears had already gathered in the corners of his eyes, but wouldn't come out.

He was so confused and also a little angry.

Angry because he had the feeling that his feelings were being played with. Angry because this situation had been so unpleasant.

He liked him a lot, but he still felt like they were executing the deal.

Breathing heavily, he therefore dropped onto a bench that stood under a large weeping willow. And this underlined his mood even more.

It took a while before Yeonjun also dared to follow the younger man outside. His face looked as frustrated and sad as Beomgyu's, but for different reasons. Still, his parents had made it clear to him that he had to apologize. So he approached him cautiously. "Beomgyu ..." he began, looking into the disappointed face, "I didn't mean to ... offend you."

Staring down at his shoes, the addressed boy scraped his fingernails over his soft thighs, not daring to look up into Yeonjun's face.

Because then everything would be forgotten again immediately.

He would give in because he could not be angry with him. But his chin quivered and he strained so hard to remain firm.

"Then why are you asking me such a thing?" he asked quietly, uncertainly.

"Because I'm serious."

Fortunately, Yeonjun couldn't see the younger man's contorted face because his hair was hanging in front of his eyes. Nor did he want the 25-year-old to see that he was close to tears. "Why?"

Then why didn't he believe him?

Then why did he think he would have to be used as a deal to get on Yeonjun's parents' nerves?

Sighing, Yeonjun rubbed the back of his neck and lowered his eyes. It was hard to talk about one's feelings when one had just been dumped. And for sure, that feeling would linger for a while, which was why it was no surprise to Yeonjun that he was wishing for Kai at that moment.

He wondered what he was doing right now.

"I want to spend my life with you, and I know I'm falling more in love with you with each passing day," Yeonjun grumbled, his heart already getting another galloping push. "I don't see why we should waste time."

Now Beomgyu did look up into the cat-like eyes that were scrutinizing him. "Are you sure?" he now asked the same question Yeonjun had asked him when it came to his feelings. He felt the same way, he wanted to be with him too, to fall head over heels in love with him. But this proposal was a push in a direction Beomgyu didn't understand. On the one hand, Yeonjun was distancing himself from him so often, acting distant, and then all of a sudden he said something like this.