𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐.𝟎𝟓

Choi Beomgyu's legs dangled from the gurney in the doctor's room

Choi Beomgyu's legs dangled from the gurney in the doctor's room. He clawed his fingers into the sheet beneath him as the doctor again asked him to stretch his neck. Except for his boxer shorts, he had also had to take off everything, but had been given a bathrobe instead so he wouldn't freeze. His body was still weak and tired and not only the wounds were a reason for him to be here.

At first, he hadn't even wanted to enter the hospital, but had quickly realized how important it was for Yeonjun to get checked out. And now he sat there and realized how long it had been since he had looked a doctor in the face.

The doctor scanned the dark marks on his neck, washed all the makeup off his face, and Beomgyu was glad he had brought his equipment with him in his backpack.

Hissing, he squeezed his knees together, fingers tighter in the linen, and tried to let the whole thing wash over him.

Humming, the doctor nodded, easing off his neck and taking a step backward as he sat on a chair with wheels.

He had already told the boy that the internal injuries to his ribs and hip were causing him this pain and had prescribed plenty of rest. He had applied ointment to the scratches and open wounds, and he had had a blood draw and a CT scan as well. The whole procedure had cost him a lot of time and nerves and he wondered if Yeonjun was still waiting for him outside in the waiting room or was doing something else in the meantime, picking him up again afterwards.

"You'll get the results tomorrow then, until then you should rest, not do any sports or similar activities."

He wouldn't be able to do that anyway, but he just nodded silently.

During the whole examination he had only said something when he was asked about something and most of the time he had only answered with 'yes' or 'no'.

"At the reception they will give you some medicine to speed up the healing process and if you take good care of your body, you will feel better soon," the doctor said and you couldn't even see his smile through his mouth guard. From top to bottom he was only wrapped in blue and gave Beomgyu a strange feeling, so he nodded shyly to everything he said.

Finally, he was able to put on his clothes again, even if one could not blame the doctor for his confused look, and when he had slipped into his patent leather shoes and tugged his black skirt into place, he bowed more carefully to the older man.

"Have a nice day," the doctor wished him, already turning to the big screens to look at the X-rays they had taken of Beomgyu.

So the boy stepped towards the exit of the room, even if his hands hesitantly wandered into his black hair to let it fall into his face and cover it.

Yeonjun had indeed been waiting for Beomgyu in the waiting room, even looking a bit awkward sitting on the chair in his posh outfit, legs crossed as he nervously drummed his fingers on his knee. But when he caught sight of the handsome boy, he immediately stood up and went to him.