𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔.𝟏𝟕

As promised, Hyunwoo had picked them up after a while and brought them to Yeonjun's parents' house

As promised, Hyunwoo had picked them up after a while and brought them to Yeonjun's parents' house. It was not surprising that the building was almost as big as the hotel. Yeonjun led Beomgyu to the entrance, opened the door, and called out, "Mum? Dad?"

"I'm in the kitchen, dear," called Yeonjun's mother, who had already turned to his companion to let him know that he didn't need to take off his shoes.

He then continued to walk through the rooms, including a rather plain but modern hallway and a very luxuriously furnished living room with a very wide marble stone fireplace, until they finally came to the large kitchen. The entire downstairs had a white tile floor and the kitchen sideboard was in a dark wood with an equally black marble top.

"Need help cooking?" Yeonjun asked immediately, pulling the long sleeves of his plaid shirt up to his elbow, but his mother just waved it off and looked up at her son-man with a loving smile. "Where's Dad?" the 25-year-old asked, not having spotted him in the living room.

"He's still at the hotel. Will take a while before he gets here, but dinner will also be about an hour away," she smiled and her gaze slid to Beomgyu as well.

"It's good to see you here too, Beomgyu."

Shyly, and more importantly, a bit overwhelmed, Beomgyu bowed to the woman who was still wearing a fancy apron.

"Thanks for the food!"

"Don't mention it," Mrs. Choi said, reaching out to give Beomgyu's hand a gentle squeeze. "In the meantime, why don't you go upstairs and show Beomgyu your room?"

The suggestion was sweetly meant, yet it drove the blush into Yeonjun's ears and he automatically ducked his head. "Mum, I'm not a kid anymore," he grumbled in a pouty tone, avoiding looking directly at Beomgyu. Although he had definitely intended to show him his former room, it just sounded childish coming from his mother.

With his lip pushed forward and his brow furrowed, Yeonjun grabbed Beomgyu's wrist and pulled him with him to the stairs leading to the upper floor.

He was visibly embarrassed by the way his mother treated him, especially since he was old enough not to be treated that way. Probably anyone would have been embarrassed by this situation, and Beomgyu groped silently behind him.

At some point Yeonjun stopped in front of a door and said, "Wait here a moment."

Then he disappeared behind it without turning on the light, which is why Beomgyu couldn't tell which room it was either. After about three minutes, Yeonjun reappeared through the crack, slipped something into his pants pocket large enough to reveal a small elevation, and pulled the door shut behind him.

His mother's words jumped into Beomgyu's head and he instantly wondered if it was the pills she had been talking about and he inhaled slightly tensely.

He was concerned if Yeonjun really wasn't feeling good and he wished he could have asked him right away. But he also thought his mother could have tell him to scare him off.
Although she was pretty nice to him he was still scared of lies.