Chapter 53: Hello, Uppermoon One

Start from the beginning

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Those who awakened the demon slayer mark will die before they see the age of 25." As the demon said that, the heroes and the others nearby was shocked. 

"I'll let this one go. But once we clash our blades, you won't be there to help him. No one will interrupt our battle." The demon smirked as he prepare to retreat.

'Tomioka Y/n... At this moment, the sound of my body searing with envy had returned. You're capable of using multiple Breathing techniques, including the Sun. A prodigy.

Just like Yoriichi. You were born with unimaginably talent. The fact that you could use multiple Breathing styles. I despised every single person who were born as a prodigy from the bottom of my heart.' The demon turn and walked away.

---

"That was a tough fight back there."

In the present-day, that same night, Dabi and Hawks meet up at a warehouse. Hawks brandishes a feather against Dabi's neck.

"A lot was different from what you told me."

"Really?"

"Can we get along better, Dabi? The plan was for tomorrow, at a warehouse by the coast. For that to turn into the middle of the city, and that Nomu..

That was obviously on a different level than the ones we're seen until now. I wish you'd tell me stuff like that in advance." Hawks stated.

"I changed my mind. Didn't I tell you in advance that it'd be a Nomu performance test? But the same goes for you. You said you'd bring someone strong. The number one hero isn't a good test." Dabi says.

Hawks justifies his actions by mentioning Endeavor's severe injuries. Dabi justifies his by saying he doesn't trust the No. 2 Hero just yet, and further asks why the hero allied with the League of Villains if civilian casualties were kept to a minimum during the fight.

Hawks says, "I still needs to maintain my public reputation. The more I'm trusted, the better the information I'll be able to get."

Both individuals part ways on a sour note, with Dabi saying they'll keep in touch.

"Oh by the way, is the swordsman kid gonna stay here for a while?"

Hawks frowned after Dabi ask about Y/n, "Why? Are you and the League planning something on the kid?"

"Maybe. You seem to have a soft spot for him."

"What are you planning on him?" Hawks asked.

"That would be none of your business." Dabi walks away. 

---

A few days later after the incident at Kyushu, I kept staring at the butterfly hairpins in my hand while the doctor examine my body again.

"I'm sorry Tomioka, but we couldn't find anything wrong about it." 

I glanced down at my chest where Douma impaled his hand, it still hurts like hell and... Something else.. Just what the hell did he do?

"I see. Thank you." The doctor nodded before he left the room. My crow, Kanzaburo, is also resting in my arms. They brought him to me a few days ago. I'll be able to discharge soon here at the hospital. The door suddenly opened has startled me.

"Hey. How are you feeling Tomioka?"

"My throat hurts. I don't remember getting choked." I massaged my neck. I glanced back at Hawks who had a faint smile. "So what are you doing here?"

"Is it bad to visit you?" Hawks asked as he went to the side of my bed.

"How are the others?" I asked which confuses Hawks. "Edgeshot, Mirko, Endeavor, Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods and the civillians nearby when I was fighting the demon."