Chapter 40: Overhaul

---

Sir Nighteye is ultimately unimpressed with Izuku's attempt to make him laugh by mimicking All Might's face.

"You little.. What's with that face? What are you trying to do? You committed this outrage knowing that I was All Might's former sidekick?" He asked as he approached Izuku and claims All Might's wrinkles are completely different.

Don't tell me. Sir Nighteye is an ultimate All Might fanboy as well. All Might merchandise decorates every end of the office.

"This is very unpleasant. Please leave." Nighteye says,  but Izuku explains he imitated the face of All Might's following the Vinegar Riverbank incident.

"These two really are All Might's fanboys."

They discuss the incident and All Might's interview and Nighteye asks if Izuku was testing him.

Togata releases Bubble girl from the tickle machine. "Mirio.. I thought Sir was asking for only one first year."

"Midoriya also wanted to do a work study here so I brought him as well. I'm impressed with his first impression despite failing to make Sir laugh.

"Tomioka, your contract, and tell me why do you want to work study here, Midoriya." I handed my contract to Sir while Izuku is telling him.

"I see... So you want to do a work study here in order to become stronger?"

"Yes, sir! Please allow it!" 

"You have a contract from the school-"

"Of course I brought it with me!"

"Izuku you shouldn't interrupt Sir Nighteye when speaking."

"Ah, right! Sorry!" Izuku present his contract as well.

Sir Nighteye explains the difference between the Hero Work Studies and the week-long internships. Izuku wants to participate so he can stand out.

We were silent for that moment until Sir Nighteye stamped on my contract but missed on Izuku's.

"Uh, sir. You missed on Izuku's contract." I says.

"Because I don't feel like stamping it."

"What?!"

"I understand the merits of working here for you. But what merit is there in my employing you? With two sidekicks, one work study student, and another will soon to be one as well, this agency runs smoothly, so to add you.. 

What benefit is there in that? How can you contribute to society? How can you be useful to others? In order to be acknowledged, you must make those things clear."

"How come you didn't ask me those too before you stamp my contract?" I asked, and sir NIghteye glances at me.

"Mirio already told me about you and I have acknowledged you, at the Camino, you helped All Might defeat the boss villain and we have witness your full potential when your fighting the demon." He uttered.

Sir Nighteye challenges Izuku to prove his worth using actions instead of words. Izuku has three minutes to take the stamp from Sir Nighteye so he can make the contract official using his own hands.

"H.. Huh..?"

"I'm saying that even though you don't possess a single funny bone, I'm giving you a chance. Well? Don't you think I'm a nice guy?

Mirio and Bubble Girl, you two go outside and take Tomioka as well."

"Oh, right."

"That's not very energetic."