Chapter 22: The Last Demon Slayer

---

A week after the encounter with Shigaraki Tomura, UA first semester has come to an end before the students proceed to their training camp.

The certain broccoli haired boy stare at the empty seat of his friend. 

"I hope everything alright for Y/n." Midoriya muttered, a worried look display on his face. 

"Tomioka has some personal problem he needs to tend to." Aizawa announced, causing the whole class worried.

"So that's what it is."

"I wonder what it is." Kaminari wondered.

"Whatever it is I hope everything is alright for Tomioka." Yaoyorozu stated.

"I'm pretty sure he can settle it. Tomioka is a tough and manly!" Kirishima exclaims, but deep inside he's worry about him as well.

Especially Aizawa, when his student was informing him about his situation. Y/n's voice was hoarse.

He wanted to ask what exactly happened but Y/n already hung up at that moment.

During the Class A swimming pool training, Midoriya tried to contact Y/n and ask how he's been doing. But he didn't receive any reply or answers whenever he calls.

"No answer from Tomioka?" Iida asked as he handed Midoriya a drink.

"Yeah. I couldn't help but worried about him. I wonder what kind of personal problem he's dealing."

"I'm worried about Tomioka too. I wanted to help, but there's nothing we can do. For now, let's just hope everything will be okay for him."

Midoriya slowly nodded and wanted to believe that.

---

---

---

---

---

---

He wanted to screamed so much to the heavens yet he kept it within him. He was alone, utterly alone. As he walk through a cold blizzard atmosphere, not paying attention where he was. He felt numb.

Y/n continued to walk until he tumbled down to a snowbank and landed with a hard thud. His vision going dark as he laid laid there. He could've swore he saw someone rushing towards him, the person's voice was inaudible to him until he completely pass out.

Time passed much sooner than imagined, Y/n felt his body become heavy as he forced his eyes to crack open. Y/n slowly blinked and turned his head slowly to look around where he was. 

He turned his head and moved his arms to push himself up, his chest ached, seeing a bandage wrapped on his chest.

"Ah, you're awake!" Y/n saw a young man with a ruffled, black hair with burgundy tips, combed back to expose his forehead He also has a scar on the top left of his forehead and wears a hanafuda earrings.

"I'm glad you're alright." He gave a sigh of relief while making his way to Y/n's side.

"Um.. Who are you.. and where am I?" Y/n asked with a hoarse voice. Tanjiro held out a cup filled with water. "I had a feeling you would need some water. You were out for a while."

Y/n took the cup into his hands and drank heartily. He pulled the cup away after drinking all its content.

"My name is Kamado Tanjiro, you were unconscious in the snow and had a deep wound on your chest, so I brought you here at our place." Tanjiro explained with a calm tone, taking the empty cup from Y/n and placing it beside.