Chapter 19: Practical Exam I

---

The exam begins with Kirishima and Sato facing off with Cementoss. Izuku and I stare at the monitor as Uraraka enters the room.

"You guys are watching, too, Deku and Y/n?" Uraraka asked.

"Yeah. We don't have many chances to see other students and teachers fight." Izuku replies to Uraraka.

"I see. Well, for me... It's like there's no point trying to talk to him." Uraraka says, referring to her partner, Aoyama. "That's why I thought I'd try to use everyone else's fights for reference."

"Not a bad idea. We have to pass this exam by any means possible." I says before staring back at the monitor.

"Team Sato and Kirishima, practical exam. Ready, go!"

The battle begins with Sato and Kirishima using their Quirks to take on Cementoss.

Cementoss creates a number of cement walls to block their path to him, but they try to force their way through.

"You can do it, Kirishima, Sato!" Uraraka says.

"They won't win at this rate." Izuku mumbled as I nod. Uraraka glance at Izuku quizzically.

"Kirishima and Sato's quirk are amazing, but there's a limit to it. On the other hand, I don't think Cementoss has that." Izuku stated

"The practical exam is pitting students against teachers that will exploit our weaknesses." I added.

"That's exactly right. Before your own turns come around, you should think carefully about your compatibility with the teacher you'll fight." Recovery girl agrees.

Kirishima and Sato has reach their limit and Cementoss ultimately defeated them.

"Team Sato and Kirishima retires due to both members losing consciousness."

"Oh dear, it's only the first match, and I already have work?" Recovery girl says as she left.

"No way... It was this one-sided." Uraraka says, hand covering her mouth.

"Their Quirks are way ineffective against Cementoss. This exam is much harder than we thought." I says.

"On top of that, We are up against.." Izuku mumbles.

"Team Asui and Tokoyami, practical exam. Ready, go!"

The next pair to take the practical exam consists of Tokoyami and Tsu. Immediately their opponent, Ectoplasm, creates clones of himself that surround them.

He states that all of the U.A. teachers will not hold back and are doing their best to crush the students.

As soon as the battle starts, Tokoyami and Tsu use a combination move to get to higher ground. Tokoyami throws Tsu in the air with Dark Shadow, and she does the same to him using her tongue.

"They're good!"

"An escape only those two could pull off!! Izuku comments, "Though I don't see how Ectoplasm's Quirk will exploit his opponent's weaknesses."

"No, it's a bad match-up for Tokoyami." I responded.

"Tomioka is right." Recovery girl says, entering the room and went to her seat.

"Why is that?" Uraraka asked.

"You'll see."

The test continues as Tokoyami and Tsu try to escape through the upper floors. Ectoplasm uses his Quirk to create multiple clones that overwhelm Fumikage, but Tsu's support helps them both escape into a higher level.