Thirty eight

She took a deep breathe, released it. Repeated the process over and over again. She felt the pressure in her chest leave. Today was the graduation ceremony of the SS3 class. She was definitely full of mixed feelings.

On one hand she was happy for them, Daniel for completing their secondary school education. On the other hand she was going to miss them, Daniel terribly.

Ever since she'd demanded and maintained the space they had not gone back to what they used to be. Even with the arrest and conviction of Kech and his cult, they didn't bounce back.

Everyone had gone to the field, awaiting the start of the ceremony which was always the procession of the graduating students.

She had her complete uniform with her as was the required dress code. Only the graduating class wore mofty.

Her jacket was neatly folded on her arm, her new shirt was properly ironed and tucked into her skirt with a precision that showed swag. She snickered at her thoughts. But all in all she looked good.

Even her style was remarkable. She'd done two cornrows, one each on the side of her head and the ends packed up into a fluffy bun.

She'd craftily laid eyeliner on her eyes, used a mascara and nude lipstick. Same as almost all the girls but today they'd be ignored as it was graduation day.

Heaving a sigh she turned around and walked to the hall were the graduation ceremony was being held. Thank God they didn't insist on using outside for both the ceremony and the reception.

As she walked into the hall she put on her jacket and used her finger to smoothen her hair. And also check if her baby hair was still properly laid. Snr Grace stopped her and motioned for her to follow.

She did as she was told not wanting to start anything this early in the day.

She was ushered into one of the classes attached to the hall where she saw Daniel in a three piece navy blue suit.

The door closed without her noticing as she took him in. He was gorgeous!!

She hadn't seen him since the day  their clearance began. He had a new hair do as well. Afro cut, properly gelled.

'Good morning Esther', he greeted her first as her adjusted his jacket.

'Good morning Sen- Daniel', she amended immediately.

'Are you going to come closer?', he asked with a smile. She immediately moved close to him.

'Where is your gown?', she asked as her senses came back to her.

'Right there. It's too early to start suffocating', the door opened and a camera man walked in with Kasper who was equally dressed up like Daniel but his was black.

'Good morning Kasper', she greeted him.

'The senior don tire you to call, better person come and snap picture with me. De dia de dull', he said to Daniel who laughed, Esther smiled at his words. You couldn't mistake his joy at graduating.

After taking a few shots with Kasper, Daniel took some with him. Then all three of them.

'Would you mind taking a picture with me?', He asked Esther who shrugged and took pictures with him.

The camera man and Kasper left them alone after a while.

'I have something for you', Daniel said.

'Its your graduation, why are you giving me a gift?'

'Cause I can, here turn around', she did as he said and he placed a necklace around her neck. She looked at it and saw that it was one of his necklaces that she always admired.

'Wow, thank you!',

'You're welcome. Can I hug you?', this is what he was doing before he left during the clearance. Always asking her first before doing anything. Instead of answering she hugged him.

His arms came around her immediately. He was seated at the edge of the desk while she stood in the middle of his legs.

The sound of a shutter followed by the flashlight of a camera made them turn and they saw his classmates.

'Guy our photo speaks for this after party go mad o!!!', the ran off before either of them could do anything.

'Is he serious?',

'Definitely, it was agreed that they'd go round and take random pictures at anytime today to be displayed. I just didn't think I'd be featured. Or rather we'd be featured',

'Well, I don't mind', she said to him. He had to laugh, his shy girl was apparently no more shy.

Months ago she would have freaked out massively.

'I don't either', he pulled her back and placed a kiss on her head.

They stayed that way for a while before they started hearing the school band playing. It was time for the procession to begin.

Esther took his gown and laid it on her arms as they walked out of the class.

Reaching the line of graduating students, she helped him wear the gown and cap. As she fixed his cap on her toes he watched her carefully. Then she adjusted his gown as she saw others do.

Before she could pick up his muffler, he caught her hand. She looked up in confusion but smiled when she saw him smile.

'You'll delay your classmates, it's just this one that remains', he let her pull her hand free and collect the muffler. She walked around him and place it on his shoulder.

'There, now you're ready',

'Thank you'

'You're welcome. The first person has moved. I'll see you after', he pulled her close and this time kissed her cheek.

'Thank you', his voice was lower. Thank God she was dark skinned, she was very sure she would look like a tomato if she wasn't.

'You're welcome', she smiled at him and took a step back while he joined his classmates to continue the procession.

'Babe, let's go sit down before we loose our seats', Shola pulled her away and she was thankful that they had front row seats.

From there she could watch the when thing.

Graduation is here with us

*Mixed feelings*

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞💞

Boys like you ||Completed||✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara