Twenty nine

That was the last time she set her eyes on him.

He never turned back, even when she managed to reach him he didn't turn around.

His face must have been murderous because Kasper stood up immediately he entered the library.

'Dude what gives?', he didn't respond. Instead he took his time breathing.

'Since you've decided to suffer in silence that is exactly what you're going to do. Get out, and do not ever come look for me if I don't call you', he said with his back still facing her.

'Guy, guy chill na, e never reach like dis. Na bae be dis na, calm down',

'Get out', he said again without turning back.

'Guy e never reach like dis na, wetin happen? what happened?', he faced Esther.

'Snr Irene -',

'You can tell him but you can't tell me? Interesting',

'Guy wetin you come de yarn like dis?',

'Go away Esther, I mean it', sniffing she turned around and went to her class where she picked up her bag and went home straight.

Classes were not as much as usual because they were closer to their exam time. Esther got her mum to take permission from school so she didn't have to come in everyday.

As it was at the moment, changing school was looking more and more like the best option for her.

She of course told her mother what happened, everything.

'Nne, I know and understand your fear for his classmates. And I won't blame you for not telling him because for all you know it would have been worse. Just relax, everything would be fine. There is still a God in heaven'.

She took those words with her and focused on her exams. Now wasn't the time to be going through any emotional upheaval.

She wanted to make good grades, or better grades than she did last term. At least she'd joined top 15 as of last term, maybe she'll get to top 10 this term.

The first paper was relatively easy. She could answer all the questions, and she chose a seat away from anybody that wasn't Shola. They'd been together for every examination or quiz except for their junior waec due to the arrangement of the hall.

She hadn't spoken much to Shola who had tried to find out what happened.

Some of her classmates had resolved to making fun of her calling her names and saying very nasty things both at her back and to her face.

One night stand

She thinks it's by dating Snr boys

Them never leave am now??

Yeye, na to de raise nyash en sabi

At least she see book sense comot for the relationship

Busybody

Foolish girl

Class boys nur do am na senior boys she de fine

She took a deep breath and walked by the girls talking. People would always talk. If there was nothing she learnt from her short life on earth, that was one thing she could always hold on to.

As soon as she had the okay from her form teacher she picked up her school bag and began her journey home. The sun was very unforgiving but that had been the case for a while.

The dry season sun was nobody's age mate.

She saw Snr Kasper at the gate as she was heading out, 'Good afternoon Snr Kasper', she greeted but didn't wait for his response.

'Argh argh, has it come to that? Come here', she reluctantly went back to him.

'How are you? And don't bother lieing', she gave a weak smile in return.

'I'll be fine Snr Kasper, how is your exam preparation coming on?',

'Don't ask, my head is tired. I wanted to get something but I forgot my wallet in the library. I'll see you later ok?',

'Okay, bye!', she turned and walked to the nearest bus stop, ignoring the stare from the Hilux. She was doing exactly what he asked her to.

*"*"*

'Guy, you never tire for this thing you de do?', Kasper asked as he entered the passenger seat of the car.

'Did you get everything?',

'Yes, and it's time to step off your high horse. You both like each other so I don't understand any of this', he gave Daniel his snacks.

Daniel suddenly threw it aggressively out of the window but it was closed making the chinchin scatter everywhere.

'Uncle don't be wasting my money' anyhow o! Kilode? All these things you're doing doesn't make sense, if you want to talk to her she's right in front of you. Abi you're scared of that ogbanje Irene?',

Daniel scoffed, he didn't know what to make of what was happening.

Yes he made a bigger mess by asking her to get out of his face, he had let his anger get a hold him.

Now he didn't know how to fix it. He didn't know if he walked up to her if she would answer him, he didn't want them going back to scratch.

He needed to do something though, this whole thing was messing with his head, Uncle Ugo had promised to skewer him if he didn't make all his papers because of girl.

That alone was funny and annoying as well. Everyone knew what they meant to each other, so he didn't know why both of them were dragging this out.

Or more importantly, why he was dragging this out.

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞