Eight

The students left immediately after school as they had to be back around 6pm latest for the social night. After a grueling week of tests and assignment the respite was euphoric to most of the students, the JSS3 class not excluded.

Queen Esther and most of her class were in school by 5pm and were raking up a storm with the noise they were making. This was the one night you could roam the school grounds with phones, were light make up and not get killed for it.

'Queen Esther i heard there might be a dance competition tonight o, e even carry cash price follow', she looked at the person talking to her.

'Wetin come happen? this body way de pain everybody you think say my own no follow?', she asked Tobenna who brought the idea.

'Babe chill na, if this thing na true na ten k matter o. Each, no be sharing levels', he smiled when he saw how her eyes enlarged.

'Nigga if this thing na cruise you wan carry me do walahi i go kill you',

'See na', he pulled her to his source who brought out his phone and they read the message.

'Nothing sweeter than easy money, okay I'm in. But how are we pulling this off, we've never danced together before and  i don't think we have much time for rehearsal', she said thoughtfully.

'I've watched you rehearse too many times to count, but let's just give it thirty minutes and see if we can establish a bit of rhythm', they both left the noisy class alongside Munachi their informer to a fairly secluded area behind the classroom where they went through 5 songs in an hour.

'Why do you have opening prayers on your order of program? are you trying to secure our seats to hell?', Daniel was trying to concentrate on the book in front of him of him but the voices he was hearing was driving him mad.

'Why we no go pray? no be something we wan do? park well abeg',

'So  na for party way you go de play wizkid and psquare song na im you wan make holyspirit come take control? olodo!',

'Abeg leave me, i've sent it to the principal. he has approved, end of discussion',

Finally having enough he packed his books and left the class.

The buzz in the air was beginning to annoy him, he kept walking till he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned and saw one of the cult leaders standing behind him.

'Daniel, you go just de ignore me unto say we be mate baa? i sha no too blame yo, how far the matter way i  been reason you?'

For a good ten seconds he didn't say anything. He looked at the boy born as Ikechi but had changed his name to Kech to suit him. 

'Listen Kech, i'll tell you the same thing i told your colleagues from the other cults. No', he shrugged his hand off his shoulder and kept walking. Leaving a seething Kech behind.

Kech had been told he was a difficult guy as he's refused other cults. but theirs was the highest and strongest in the school, people wished to belong with them and they were denied. And this one he was offering it to had the nerve to say no.

'Watch your back Daniel, you've messed with the wrong people', Daniel heard him alright.

'And i'd advice that you watch the people you threaten', he kept walking not once looking back.

#####

The night had progressed fairly well, he just wanted to go home. At this point he was very certain that the teachers around were ignoring the students and having a nice time at the back of the hall. You wouldn't need a prophet to tell you that some of the students were drunk.

And those girls sitting in the boys laps at the side of the hall wasn't because they were blind to the number of empty seats in front of them. Or that their movements were due to the music pumping out of the speakers.

His eyes roamed the halls once more till they rested on the little thing he'd chosen to call his.

She was sitting with her classmates and they were laughing their heads of about something. He saw one of the students approach her with one of the spiked drinks. She shook her no and continued talking to the group.

The guy tried again but somehow he looked up and caught Daniel's eyes. The look he gave him was deadly, the boy quickly backed away from the table Queen Esther and her people were occupying.

Then announcements were made for the dance competitions, this he thought could be interesting.

He watched as each class gave the names of their representatives. Two from each for single acts and two pairs for the partner dance. He grudgingly admitted it was cool when Kasper shook him after one performance.

He only had one performance he was interested in watching.

who can guess?

comment

vote

and share

Boys like you ||Completed||✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara