Twenty three

He smiled.

That was the only facial expression he gave when the boy was identified by Shola.

He was in SS2, which was actually a very sad tale for him. Now here he was kneeling in front of Daniel's seat in class.

Nobody dared to intervene.

He was changing up the punishments as time went on.

The boy had ridden a bicycle, picked pin, planked, done squats, laid down face flat on the ground in the class, laid down face flat out side the class under the sun.

All punishments donated by his bored classmates.

As he told the boy, the end goal of this punishments was for him to end up in the school clinic at best.

Kosi walked up to him about three hours into the varying punishments.

'Guy, it's okay na. O zugonu, Esther won't like this',

He didn't say anything, he continued flipping through the book in his front.

'Raise your hands above your head, if they come down again you would like me so much less than you already do',

'Daniel you're not listening to me',

'I hear you loud and clear Kosi, I just don't deem it fit to respond. If it makes you uncomfortable by all means leave',

Kech watched the whole thing from the back of the class.

Calculating his moves.

He could go pick the boy out of there and turn the whole thing into a cult war, or he could target the said girl in peace.

A war sounded fine, but the last war ended with his comrades behind bars for murder. Ending their freedom for life.

Sitting back he watched on until Daniel left the class only to return when the bell for school over was rung.

'If you see Esther ever again in your life, you'll do yourself a favor and look the other way.

As a matter of fact you're deaf, blind, lame and brain dead wherever Esther is concerned, are we clear?',

'Yes senior!',

'Good, now get out'. He didn't even finish before the boy ran out of the class. Where he got the energy from he didn't know, neither did he care.

The jss1 girl that ran into her burst into tears the moment he stepped into her class. He just didn't bother with her as Esther had profusely begged him not to do anything to her.

The boy was not up for discussion.

*****

'You, come here!', Esther turned and saw she was the one being called.

'Yes senior', she stood at a reasonable distance from the girl. She didn't know her name but if she was in this block she was definitely a senior.

'So it's because of you that Samson got punished in SS3 class baa?', confusion quickly covered Esther's face.

One she didn't know a Samson, and two she wasn't in the habit of setting people up for anything. Heck she was a shitty liar.

'Senior I don't know-',

'You don't know what?! Nur jus vex me this hot afternoon!! My blood de hot o! Ga jukwa ase!', she kept quiet watching the senior.

Within minutes other girls gathered around her. She was pushed, knocked, slapped, insulted, etc.

She was totally confused and just stood as they did whatever they liked. Suddenly they stopped, her shoulders were shaking indicating she was crying.

'Don't even think about it', she looked up at Kasper's voice. She saw one of the girls trying to disappear.

'All of you flat out!', the girls immediately laid down flat on the floor. He quickly counted and took note of the class.

'I'll be back, and if any of you is missing. All the SS2 girls are in soup. Just try me! If you like help them to miss, it'll be you all against me', the other girls smartly left.

Esther cried harder, she didn't understand what was going on. Why were they picking on her?

This was the most aggressive group so far, she'd just been hearing Samson everywhere.

Who was Samson?

And why did they think she had anything to do with his punishment?

What were the punishments?When did they happen? How was it her fault? What did she do?!

She didn't realize she was being pulled away until she collided with a chest that immediately hugged her.

This she recognized, Snr Daniel.

He didn't say a word, just held her as she cried.He lead her to his usual spot at the library. She didn't say anything but slowly stopped crying.

The water he offered was rejected, his look had no effect on her. She looked exhausted, and he didn't like it one bit.

They didn't know what they set in motion.

This school compound wouldn't contain all of them if they kept hurting her, such things are totally unacceptable.

Comment

Vote

And Share

God bless you 💞💞💞