thirty-nine

I fix Calum's buttons on his button up. "Ready for the KCA's?" I ask him and brush his hair out of his face. 

"Yeah. As long as my girls are going to be there to give me luck." He tucks some of my hair behind my ear. 

"We will. All of us will." I smile and motion to all of us. 

"I'll definitely be there!" Louis smiles. Calum smiles and holds his arms open for Hazel to run into. She runs downstairs and into her dads arms, while being careful not to ruin her dress. "Yow wihn!" She nuzzles her head into her dads neck. 

"When we do, I'll take you and mommy up with my band." He sighs happily. 

"Pwomise?" She cocks her head back and stares him in the eyes. 

"Promise!" Calum kisses her cheek.

I sit on the couch in the 5sos dressing room waiting for the nominees get announced, which 5SOS was one of them. "And the nominees are Fifth Harmony, Five Seconds of Summer." My mind spaces out as I play with Hazel's hair. 

"I would like to thank my family for supporting me. Nevaeh and Hazel have been through so much and I'm happy to have them supporting me and my band. I'd like to call them up." Calum's voice booms through the place. I stand up with Hazel in my arms and walk on stage. 

"There's my girls." Calum smiles opening one arm to us. 

"Hey sestar!" Ashton laughs and hugs me. 

"Nev has been through a lot this past few weeks. I just want to tell you guys how supportive she's been through this. She had a miscarriage," He waits for the gasps and little comments to die down before speaking again, "Yes, she did. We were supposed to have a son but he didn't make it. She, has been lightening the mood and helping others. She helped Kaitlin deliver some very special news that I'll let Ashton tell you later. She may have stayed in bed for a long time one day, but she's staying strong. Hazel, right here, she's been helping Nev stay positive, which has been turning our house into a positive place for all of us." Calum smile and wipes tears away. 

"Can I see that?" I whisper grabbing the mic, Calum grabs Hazel and holds her. 

"I would just like to say, Calum has made me very, very happy and I'm very happy to announce that I am pregnant again. Cause someone here can't keep his pants on." I poke his cheek. 

A bright smile grows on Calum's face. He puts Hazel in Ashton's arms and snatches me up, dip kissing me. I kiss back, my leg being lifted into the air. Whoops and hollers come from the audience. 

"We'll make it this time." He whispers to me. I smile and kiss his cheek. He lifts me up and the crowd claps, going wild. 

"Get it, Hood." Michael laughs. 

Luke wipes his eyes, "I need the image out of my head." I laugh and take Hazel from Ashton and kiss her forehead. We all walk off stage and I hug Calum. 

"Congratulations, babe." 

I feel his arms wrap around my hips. I cock my head back and study his face. Hazel definitely got his looks. 

"I love you." I whisper. He smirks and presses his lips to mine. 

"I'll take that as an I love you too." I laugh and place my hands on his cheeks. 

"Keep your pants on next time, Hood." I smile and bite his lip, he pushes his lip to mine. 

"No promises." He laughs. I smile and pull our bodies apart. 

"Daddy has to perform soon. Let's go get you dressed in an outfit just like daddy's. Yeah? and go on stage with him?" I smile at Hazel and walk to the dressing room. She pulls her dress off and grabs the tiny Nirvana shirt Calum bought for her and the baby skinny jeans he bought for her also. She grabs her tiny guitar and runs up to daddy. 

"Prepare for lots of work of laundry." He winks at me. 

"You'll be helping me clean your clothes." I know what he's talking about, slime. It's a tradition for the performers and award winners to get slimed at the KCA's. 

"Come on babe." He puts his guitar on him and holds Hazel, walking to the stage.

I watch as Hazel smiles and pretends to play guitar on stage. She looks up at her dad in admiration and smiles. 

I smile and wipe a tear away. "It's beautiful right?" Niall smiles. 

"Yeah, definitely." I smile. Hazel dances around the stage playing the 'guitar'. I laugh softly and watch Calum stare back at me. He continues to play the guitar but pulls me on stage. 

"Come on, dance club captain, show us what you got." Michael yells. I listen to the beat and start dancing to 'She looks so perfect'. "

My wife is the best." Calum laughs into the mic and sings.

I wipe sweat off my forehead and steal Calum's water bottle. "See, these girls are absolutely awesome!" Ashton yells into his mic as I pick up my daughter. I screech at the slime and laugh. Hazel laughs smacking some slime toward me. 

"Not fair!" I laugh.

 I walk toward Calum and smack my lips to his, getting more slime on his mouth and nose. He doesn't seem bothered by it. I groan and push away. 

"Aw... come on." He laughs. I grab Hazel and walk off stage. The boys quickly follow behind. I go into the changing room and change into my skinny jeans and tank top. I clean my face off and wipe the slime off my hair, Calum telling me it just slides off hair. I grab Hazel's dress and change her. 

"Yeah, you're helping me clean our clothes." I laugh. Michael walks in, laughing next to Luke. 

"That was awesome! I wanna do it again." Michael laughs and grabs a towel. 

I smile and look at Ashton, "Did you like getting your drum set all slimy?" 

He pouts, "I have to clean it." He groans and grabs a few towels.

"Ready to fly home?" Calum asks grabbing our bags. I nod and grab Hazel. We file in-between the guards and walk outside the venue. We get in the van and start on our way to the runway.