Chapter 53.

A/N : As almost all of you wanted see Shivay and Annika as Mr and Mrs Nigam . So I've selected them to play the part. 
Ps: Please don't miss the author's note in the end 

"Don't trust everything you see, even salt looks like sugar."

Siddharth's pov:

I knew their was nothing for Avneet to be nervous about. They all adored her already. We were right now sitting in the living room, it was still some time for dinner. She was sitting between Vaishnavi and Maa, to which Blake threw a fit telling he wanted to sit with her. But ofcourse you can't win from the lady boss of our house.
Though I should be the one she's sitting with. She's MY girlfriend for heaven's sake.

Ayush was sitting on her lap , that little demon didn't even acknowledge my presence. Atleast all others did that much and then went on to ignore me. 
"Oh my god! Avneet you are too adorable." Maa cooed 
"Siddharth how did you even manage to make her like you." Dad added and I rolled my eyes , though he was right. I myself think about it sometime. 

"I know right! I mean at first I thought that she would reject his proposal. I even lost 2000 to Kartik because of this." Abhishek exasperated. 
"Wow! Thankyou  for trusting me so much guy." I replied sarcastically. 

"No-o I mean , It's not like that. Siddharth, he's really nice . Infact everything he has done for me, I feel really lucky to have someone like him. " Avneet said locking her eyes with mine. And my heart melted.

Fuck did I just say that? Gosh I feel like a teenage girl.

"Awwww..." Everyone sitting in the room said at the same time, and Avneet quickly looked down flushed, breaking our eye contact. While I? I was smiling like an idiot looking at my now red girl.

"That is the sweetest thing, I've heard someone say. Specially about Siddharth." Vaishnavi said.
"Siddharth Iam officially in love with your girlfriend." She added and hugged Avneet so very tightly , crushing Ayush in the process. 

While I couldn't wait any longer. I got up from my place , picked Ayush from over Avneet. Placing him on the empty chair, "hey!" He protested which I ofcourse ignored.

Next I picked Avneet up and made her sit on the couch I was sitting on. And then sat besides her, wrapping my arms around her.
"Perfect."  I breathed , now satisfied by the seating arrangement.
Ayush , Vaishnavi and Mom gave me an offended look. While Dad, Noah and Dada were looking at me with a funny expression . Avneet had her face buried in my chest, awh! she was embarrassed. While Blake opened his mouth to say something, but I beat him in that.

"No Blake, you are not coming here. Sit where you are." I said already knowing what he was about to say. And he grumbled. 

After a second or two, everyone in the room burst out laughing. Except Avneet who was still too flushed. And offended looking Blake and Ayush.

**************

Avneet's pov:

"This was the most delicious meal I've had in a while." I said as we completed our dinner. And Anika aunty smiled at me. Soon enough, all the guys in the room started getting up, and I made a confused face. 
"Where are you all going?" I asked. 
"Well we have this tradition, that the desserts are prepared by the men of the house." Vaishnavi explained.
"Wow! So what do we have in dessert?" I asked excitedly.

"Well you'll see." Shivay uncle replied.
"Come on girls . Till the time they are preparing the dessert, let's sit in the living room." Anika aunty said . And all three of us left. 

*************

We were in between some conversation, when my phone rang
"Potato head" I read in the name flashing on the screen.
"Hellooooo!!" I sang picking up the call.
"Took your medicine?" He said, straight away . Rude.