Chapter 49.

"The people who truly care about you, won't have to tell you they care. They'll show you."

Avneet's pov:

We are back to Mumbai now. And I can't even begin to describe how much fun we had while ice skating. It really was one of the best things I've tried in my life. Though not to forget if not for Siddharth and Dane I would've broken my bones.

I was having a free day today, we'll start shooting for mine and Siddharth's mv tomorrow. Though it will just be a quick two day shoot, as Siddharth has further projects pending. 

Also for some work Jai was going back to his university today. And I was sad. After those two years of being locked up , something about staying alone for long doesn't feel right. It's just some weird feeling. But I'll have to overcome this too, right? 

Besides I've troubled everyone quite enough I don't want to bother them more, I mean I'll manage.
"You sure you'll be fine?" Jai asked as he dragged his suitcase out.
"Yeah Jai, I will be fine. And you sure you don't want me to come to see you off at the airport?" I said and he nodded.

"Yeah their is no need of it"
"Also Neet Iam warning you take care of yourself don't you dare skip your meals, and please take your medicines on time. And also don't overburden yourself, sleep on time and-"

"Yeah Yeah I know mother, I will take care of myself." I said waving my hand in air cutting him in between.
"Avneet, please this is not a joke." He said catching my hand and staring at me intently. 
"Yeah yeah brother dear, don't worry" I said and he kissed my forehead 
"I'll miss you, bye" He said entering the elevator.
"I'll miss you too, love you byeee" I said as the elevator door closed and I went back inside the apartment. I slumped on the couch snuggling into my blanket, as I turned the television on. Okay time for some snacks.

Around 2 hours 50 minutes later I was lying on the couch my feet dangling , packets of lays scattered on the table. Almost towards the end of one of my all time favorite book ,
'The Fault in out Stars' I couldn't find anything interesting to watch on television so I ended up fetching this from the pile of my books. 

And Iam not ashamed to say, this book always gets me no matter how many times I've read it. I was in tears as the book approaches the end. I always relate to this book I can understand why Hazel was so scared of getting close to people. I sometimes feel the same, am I being selfish? What if someday something happens to me? What about those people then? But maybe they'll forget me and move on. And as selfish as I may sound that thought hurts.

Suddenly the sound of door unlocking made me jump, Okay this is not creepy at all. Wiping my face I pulled the blanket closer to my body, "Hell-o?" I croaked but no one answered. 
I picked the first thing I could get my hands on , a giant teddy bear. And held it infront of me as a shield. 

"What a dangerous weapon you have their, cookie monster" Said a sarcastic voice, voice of my boyfriend to be precise. 
"What are you doing here, You nearly scared me to death." I said taking a sigh of relief. 
"Came to check on you." He said shrugging
"And how did you get the keys" I asked raising my eyebrows
"Jai gave it to me" He said 
"Wow" I said bewildered I never though this day will come. 

"You could have called" I said rubbing my face to get rid of the tear marks.
"Then I wouldn't have caught you red handed- wait a second were you crying?" He asked suddenly becoming concerned and sitting besides me on the couch.

"No actua- " But before I could complete my sentence 4 people came hurdling in my living room.
"Crying? What happened?" Came the mixed voices of Naira, Kartik, Blake and Noah. 
"Damn! All of you came to check on me together?" I asked chuckling but no one really payed much attention to it.