Chapter 26.

~ "hug me until I smell like you!"

Avneet's pov:

Though I love rains, but something about the thunderstorms scares me to pieces specially at night. And looking at how the weather is changing I feel we might experience one today. God! I hope we don't . 
I was laying on the bed wrapped in the comforter like a spring roll. 
"Shift" Siddharth said as he came back and I made a face 
"What? shift where do you think iam gonna sleep?" He asked and he was right actually I was laying diagonally on the bed . I tried to roll myself to my side of the bed too lazy to get up.
But instead landed on the floor with a thud.

It didn't hurt that bad thanks to the comforter , but still. Iam glad no one was here watchi-
Oh! shit  I looked up at Siddharth with a hand over his mouth with a red face from trying to contain his laughter. When I saw him he just let it loose and burst into laughter. It was quite genuine, too. Which to my surprise I was quite attracted too.

"Not funny" I said seriously , although I wanted to join him in laughter. What can I say? He has one of those contagious laughs.

Siddharth composed himself before walking towards me and extending a hand . I put my hand into his large one and let him hoist me . However that is not what happened.

Before I could react I was picked up i bridal style and thrown into the air, falling on the bed with another thud. It felt as if my heart would literally burst through my ribcage.
"Why would you do that?" I exclaimed horrified.

Much to my dismay and humiliation Siddharth was laughing so hard that tears were lining his eyes and laughter had become silent.

Is he kidding me what's so funny about all this, he literally gave me a heart attack and now is laughing.

"Your fa-ce" He attempted to speak between his laughter "Priceless" He added continuing to laugh.
i jumped off bed and stormed out of the room with a pillow and a comforter, he was still laughing, idiot.

As I was walking towards the living room to join Kartik and Naira I heard a loud rumble. I jumped and clutched my heart . Once it was done I sprinted in the living room and jumped besides Naira clutching her arm, she chuckled and patted my head. "Everything is alright" She said soothingly.
"What's wrong?" Kartik asked
"afraid of thunderstorms" I replied , Kartik smiled in realization 
"You're such a kid , Avneet" He cooed before getting up and pinching my cheeks. I shook my head away. Why does everyone love making me feel like a small child. 

"Iam going to sleep. You both come as well" He said and left Naira got up as well
"Iam going too, you coming?" She asked and I shook my head 
"I'll come after some time " I said and she nodded.

I was not going to go back.

******

Shit! I think I should go back. I was jumping out of my skin every time light filled the room and thunder boomed around the house.

Again lightning struck , thunder following behind closely I let out a small scream and ran back inside the bedroom and jumped into the bed grabbing onto Siddharth tightly.

"Cookie monster? What happened?" His voice was husky, and it sent shivers down my spine.
Again thunder and lightning appeared silently and I grabbed onto him tighter and squeezed my eyes shut. He chuckled "Are you afraid of storms?" He asked 

And I meekly nodded.

"Come on, get here" He said and I moved closer to him. I was exhausted and it was dead cold right now. Thunder boomed again and I tightened my grip on Siddharth, but this time he wrapped his arms around me as well. One held my head while other went around my waist, damn! He smell so good.

"It's ok  I won't let anything happen to you, don't worry"
For some reason I felt he wasn't just talking about the storm. He stroked my hair gently and I felt comforted.

Each time the thunder went off after that, I was more and more relaxed and less afraid .
Was it being in Siddharth's strong arms that made me feel that way? I don't know.

Even though I was deathly afraid ten minutes ago , being wrapped up in Siddharth seemed to melt away my fears, and after so long in a thunderstorm, I felt safe.

*******

Siddharth's pov:
Day 65

Dear mumma,
I want to go back, Iam scared . Yesterday I tried and talk to Reyansh , that I want to leave.
He didn't said anything but I saw something in his face change. He dragged me harshly and locked me in this room. I've decided I'll pack up my stuff and leave tomorrow. 
I no longer feel safe. Also I feel like Iam isolated from the outside world , first thing I need to do is buy a phone.
Feeling sleepy right now would talk to you later good night!

P.S I didn't cried :)
Love you , miss love
-Neet

I had a feeling that this Reyansh guy is quite shady  was the first thing that came in my mind after I completed reading another entry from Avneet's journal.
The few previous one's were just about how Reyansh is avoiding her and dodging any question she asks him.
I wanted to read further , but I can't I am right now sitting in the bathroom reading this. 

I closed it and hid it in the pile of clothes , then walked out quietly I kept it back where it earlier was and joined the others.

Everyone is talking about how they think it's the family week. The set up outside suggest the same I guess. Everyone's quite cheerful since morning because of it. Iam too, I missed my family though I live in my separate house I am very close to them. And keep visiting them quite often. 

I glanced at Avneet her mood didn't looked as lifted as the others and I knew why.

Hope everything is fine today.

***************

Tadada! Another update . Do give your reviews. 
Hope you enjoyed it. 
AND What do you think about Reyansh?
Ik most of u would have understood Avneet's past by now you all are pretty smart and I know it ;) But if by any chance you haven't don't worry you'll get to know shortly ;)

Vote.Comment.Fan

Stay Beautiful, Stay Kind
Love You All!!

Stay Beautiful, Stay KindLove You All!!

Published on 17 August , 2021

-kairasidneet