Chapter 43.

~"I am wearing the smile you gave me"

Siddharth's pov:

"We're here" I said after a ride of around 45 minutes. And just like the last time Avneet hopped from the car before I could try and be a gentleman for once.

She was wearing her hoodie over her head, as the temperature was dropping now.
"Why are all these places so far from each other" She wined.
"Oh stop being a cry baby. Let's go" I said getting hold of her hand and a warm feeling enveloped me while she followed me sulking. 

"Iam hungry" She stated out of the blue. And I looked at her wide eyed
"Really?" I asked looking at the fact we just ate on the way.
"No" She replied in a monotonous voice and I frowned. 

"How long are we gonna walk ?" She asked and I ignored her question like the previous  5 times.

Ten minutes and Avneet had stopped fed up of her own constant complains. She was struggling to keep up with me as we continued to walk past the towering stocks that loomed over us. They got us taller and taller the further we kept walking. And finally the field of tall came to an end and all that stretched for miles in every direction was freshly trimmed grassy hill. I stopped abruptly causing Avneet to collide with my back and she groaned.

"What's wrong with y-" But she stopped and clamped her hands over her mouth.

"Holly mother of jesus!" She echoed, coming at a halt as she gawked at the red and yellow stripped hot air balloon that was perched on the closest hill.

"You've got to be kidding me right now" She gasped , craning her neck to get a bigger glimpse of the hot air balloon.

"Nope" I grinned and she literally pounced on me , throwing herself on me as she wrapped her legs around my waist as she buried her face into my neck and sighed happily. Startled my hands clamped her thigh in attempt to keep her place as I staggered backwards almost tripping over my feet.

"As far as a first dates go, this is awesome! Not that I have anything to compare with but this is no doubt one of the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me." She mumbled and I smiled.

I planted her back on the ground, "First date huh?" I asked and her face flushed.
"Yeah, I mean-" She started to defend herself but I burst out laughing 
"Chill I was just messing it's my first date too." I said and she gave me a blank look

"Yeah and Iam Emma Watson" She said rolling her eyes and I chuckled but my eyes remain serious.
"You're lying" She said
"Nope" I replied "I mean I've taken girls to parties and shit , but never liked someone enough to take on a date" I replied honestly and ran a hand through my hair .

"Wow!" She muttered shocked and I rolled my eyes.
"Come on cookie monster in you get" I said leading her towards the balloon.

The person standing their to escort us smiled as soon as he spotted us, and helped us climb inside. The space inside was fairly big, the aeronaut - Oliver was his name I guess was already present seated in the corner. He just nodded as a greeting in our direction and then went back on completely ignoring our existence.

As the balloon started to rise in the air , the shine on Avneet's face began to increase. She was enjoying the view just like I had anticipated.
While I ? I was enjoying the view too, but our views were definitely not the same.
She was looking at the sky, while I was looking at her.

I was pulled out of my trance because of the balloon shaking a bit violently , and Avneet clutched my arm to prevent herself from falling. 
I looked at Oliver , who had just thrown some weights off the balloon with frown.

"We needed to free some weights or it wouldn't have gone higher" He said nonchalantly and turned away before I could reply.
"Well then warn before you do something like this" I told him. But he didn't show any sign of listening.
"Why's he so rude" I muttered "I'll surely complain about his behavior" I added and Avneet narrowed her eyes at me.
"Leave it, he might be having a bad day" She said 
"So that's not our problem" I defended
"Come on Siddharth stop being such a cry baby" She mocked quoting what I'd said earlier and I chuckled.

We heard another soft cough which sounded more like a laugh from the corner of the balloon. 
I was about to scold him for listening to our talks but Avneet stopped me.
"Come on, you can't expect him to stand this close to us and not listen what we are talking about" She reasoned and I reluctantly nodded.

It wasn't long before we were high up, overlooking the entire town as the blinding sun beamed on us. The wind picked up Avneet's hair billowing it into her face, before she huffed and tied them into a messy bun and continued enjoying the view.

I edged closer to her , "Pretty sweet right?" I murmured into her hair, peering the view from above her head.

"Yeah" She breathed with a giddy smile

The proximity between us made it hard to concentrate and she grinned when I snaked my arm around her waist and she leaned against my chest.

"You cold" I asked after a few minutes of silence squeezing her closer, but she shook her head.

Collecting all the courage I had, I finally spoke

"I have a question for you, that I've been meaning to ask you from quite some time" 
"Okay shoot" She replied , I pried my hands away from her waist and made her turn to face me.

"Before I chicken out , or piss myself I need to take this out of my system" I started . "Shit! Why did I say that " I mumbled and she chuckled.

"I've been planning this date for quite some time now, though I didn't knew if you were gonna come or not. But yesterday I got my answer" I said and winked at her.

"I've never been committed to anyone, much to my mother's dismay. But no matter what a girl do no one gained my attention. Until you. 
Ever since the first day you tripped while jumping in the garden falling in my arm. I knew you were something. And I can't help but feel attracted towards everything you did.  And before  I knew I was a goner. When it come to you and your cute smile, I was honestly a lost cause. "
I then took a deep breath
"I never realized when this crush as you may call it developed into something much stronger, and I started liking you a lot more I ever thought I would like someone." 
"So I just want to ask you something"
"Will you be my girlfriend" I said and she breathed closing her eyes

"Is that a yes?" I asked nervously and she nodded her head eagerly at loss of words and that's all I needed before I pulled her closer placing my lips on hers.

**********************
Tadadada!! I have an exam tomorrow and Iam writing this. Never mind now do tell how did you find the chapter and Siddharth's proposal.🙈🙈

But also I can't stop thinking about Oliver. I mean imagine Siddharth and Avneet are being all couply and proposals and everything is happening   while he is
standing their like 👁👄👁 
LMAO!!! 😭🤣

Do vote.comment.fan

Stay beautiful Stay Kind
Love you all! 

goals: 100 votes 
100 comments 

PS: And how long is this insta and whatsapp planning to be down, me and my friends were in between such serious discussion and this happened it's pissing me off. 

Published on 5 October 2021

-kairasidneet