Chapter 25.

~"I love it when I catch you looking at me, and then you smile and look away"

Day 60 

Siddharth's pov:
It was raining today , I mean can you believe it. It's December for god's sake. I was sitting in the bedroom drinking coffee , the house comparatively pretty empty now many contestants have been eliminated in these 2 months.

But  it was a lot more peaceful then my liking, where are the other three. And just then my question was answered Naira came barging into the room with Kartik walking closely behind .

"What the hell is she thinking . She will fall sick" She mumbled angrily as she grabbed a towel while kartik picked a comforter from their bed.
"What's wrong?" I asked and be what it was looking I somewhere knew what was happening.

"What do you think? Apart from the stupid kid." She stated angrily
"First of all it's raining in fucking December. And that idiot is outside dancing  and is refusing to come back in. " She said
"What the actual fuck. Is she out of her mind. It's freezing" I said appalled 

"Will you both shut up and move, someone needs to bring her back in first. Or else she'll fall ill . You know how fragile her health can be." Kartik said irritated  and stormed out. Damn he's hardly ever in this mood  we both exchanged a look of horror and followed him. 

We decided I'll go out and drag her back in while Kartik and Naira will keep dry clothes ready for us. What else will I have to do for this girl. And the shocking part is Iam wiling to do everything for her.

What are you doing to me Avneet Kaur.

******

Avneet's pov:

It seems my life was on a pause for 2 years, but now that I am free I don't know for how long though . I want to do everything I can. I loved rain and I haven't enjoyed one since two years. I know it's December and I shouldn't be standing here soaking , but I couldn't control these small things they make me feel Iam closer to mumma as if she's still here with me.

I was kicking rocks and jumping from one square to another. Singing little black rain cloud from Winnie the pooh under my breath.

I'm just a little black rain cloud
Hovering under the honey tree
I'm only a little black rain cloud
Pay no attention to little me
Oh, everyone knows that a rain cloud
Never eats honey, no, not a nip
I'm just floating around over the ground
Wondering where I will drip

I was enjoying myself when I heard someone chuckle behind me.
"What the hell are you even doing?" I whipped around to see ; yours truly Siddharth Nigam . Looking amazing and smirking, as for usual.

"Nothing" I mumbled looking down at my feet.

"Oh is it? I think I heard something like-
I'm just a little black rain cloud ,Hovering under the honey tree. "
He sang in a girly voice.
"I don't sound like that" I said 
"you ofcourse do" He said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Isn't it the song from winnie the pooh?" He asked and I nodded flushed with embarrassment.
"I know I behave like a kid sometimes" I admitted
"No! you don't behave like one" He said and I smiled
"You are a kid " He added and I gave him a furious look. I AM NOT A KID.
Okay maybe sometimes but THATS'S IT .

"Let's go in now, you'll fall ill" He said and I shook my head I was having fun here. It felt cold in the beginning but now it's comfortable.

"You won't listen to me would you?" He said and I shook my head again.

And with a swoosh I was being thrown up to his shoulder.
"That's not fair!" I protested punching his back
"Let me go!" I added but he ignored all of my complains 

As soon as we entered inside Naira wrapped me in a towel while Siddharth threw me on the couch.
"Can't you be a little gentle" I groaned 
"No!" He said smirking drying himself with the towel.

"Go and change you both" Kartik said 
We both changed into dry pair of clothes and came out.
"Here" Naira said handling both of us a cup of coffee
"Ahh! Heaven" I said inhaling it's scent , I then looked at Naira

"This is the part where you give me lecture  on how careless Iam" I said 
"Ha! I think someone else is gonna give you that speech today!"
Naira said smirking I looked at Siddharth who was wrapped with me in a blanket but he too shook his head.

I then looked at a very serious looking Kartik and smiled awkwardly
"umm-" I began 
"Why are you so careless Avneet?" He sighed I thought he was gonna unleash his anger on me but he didn't even raised his voice
"You know your immunity system isn't that strong, infact anyone would fall ill if they go on drenching themselves in december rain" He said 

"Please take a little care of yourself" He said and I nodded
"Sorry!" I replied I know it was reckless .
"It's ok" He said patting my head.

"What? That's it?" Naira and Siddharth protested 
"I shouldn't have trusted you in this" Naira said shaking her head and I poked my tongue at her.
"He's too sweet , to be angry at someone" Siddharth said in the same tone
"Specially someone like her, screw your puppy dog eyes" Naira mumbled and I chuckled. Those eyes always work.

********
Siddharth's pov:

"Come on, Iam not a kid I can dry them on my own" Avneet whined to Naira who was drying her hair .
"But you always behave like one" Naira said 
"I agree" I said plopping besides Avneet on the bed and she punched my chest  and mumbled "Jerk"
while the rest three of us chuckled.

***

We were now sitting and talking , my head was on the pillow kept in Avneet's lap ,
what? she wasn't giving me any of the pillow so that was the last resort I had.

While she was running her fingers through my hair, as we all talked.
I hate when someone touch my precious hair but it always feels so calming done by her.
I looked up at her only to find her already looking at me, as soon as she realized I had caught her staring her face turned red, and she smiled and looked away.

Gosh! She's just so adorable.

*******

Tadada!! Another update. How was it??
Do tell if you enjoyed it.

Vote.Comment.Fan

Stay Beautiful. Stay Kind.
Love you All!

Published on 16 August 2021

-kairasidneet