A stranger

3rd POV

Many people in a room are working in their computer what looked like a control room of some kind. One of them finds some disturbance in a place like some sort of portal opening. They quickly inform their higher-ups about this situation.

Someone opens the door holding a tab and reaches a man wearing an eye patch

"boss, we've felt a disturbance on this coordinates. Cant figure out where exactly does it come from but this looks like some sort of portal." Maria Hills speaks as she hands out the tab to Nick Fury who looks up from his work and take a look at the tab.

"is it Thor again?"

"we don't know for sure, we have to go and check it out in person."

"send Coulson and his team immediately."

"on his way."

"if it's him again he needs to stop his field trips without contacting us."

Many cars approaches in a place what looks like a deserted area, they stop in their track and agent Coulson steps out of his car and tries to figure out what is happening.

"what happened here?" he asks one of his man.

"we detected nothing other than some weak gama radiation from this place sir."

Agent Coulson takes off his glasses and looks at the ground confused. He sees a girl laying down on the ground unconscious with a school bag next to her. He walks near her and bends down to inspect her. She looked harmless and too weak to be able to put any kind of hand to hand combact. She looks around 16-18 in age.

"call the medic team and check for any injury." He commands although she looked completely uninjured on first glance but just to confirm his doubts.

The agent does as he says and calls for backup while agent Coulson checks her pulse.

'everything looks normal, but what the hell happened here? What's this kid doing here?' he thought to himself.

Soon the medic arrives and take her in a van and the doctors start their work while they are on their way back to SHIELD. They shift her to a hospital room and inspect more but can't seem to find any sort of harm on her body except for minor concussion.

Footsteps of two people can be heard as they walk down the hallway. Fury and Maria hills are on their way to the hospital room where the girl is kept for now.

"do we have a name?"

"Diya solanki."

"any idea who she is?" Fury asks about the unknown girl.

"nope. We even tried to run facial recognition but she has no agenda anywhere, she had no other belongings than a bag. Just some books and a college ID card where we got her name. we tried to look into the college data but she doesn't seem to be in. we tried to find her everywhere but she's not anywhere. As if she doesn't exist at all."

"how is that even possible? Is that ID even real or fake? And why does she need a fake ID to begin with?"

"that only she can answer"

"how's her condition?"

"just some minor concussion. Can wake up anytime now. No other injuries detected."

They reach her hospital room and open the door and see her lying on her hospital bed, still wearing her uniform.

"kid's got a lot of explanation to do." Fury said looking at the girl.

2 hours later

Diya's POV

My head hurts and I can't seem to figure out where am I. I want to move but my muscles feel sore, I've never felt so tired before. Even my eyelids feel heavy but I put all my strength to move and all I am able to do is move my hand a little and feel a soft mattress under me, after a bit of struggle I finally open my eyes and it's all very blurry. It takes few seconds to see everything properly. Still not everything is clear as I'm not wearing my glasses. Then I start to hear some noise of someone speaking. I look to my left and see some woman speaking to someone on her walkie talkie. I can't figure out properly what she is saying. It feels like she's talking about me since she is occasionally looking at me.

I try to sit up but every single cells of my body hurt. The woman helped me sit up and I take a proper look at her and by her uniform it looks like she is some nurse. And as soon as I sit up properly I try to talk and thank her but my throat hurts too.

'great. Any part of my body that doesn't hurt?' I ask myself.

I hear the door open and look up to see two people enter my room. One was probably a doctor by his cloths, and the other man was wearing a black suit and his all attention was on me. No let me repeat that, actually everyone's attention was on me. Oh boy I don't like attention at all. But something I couldn't let go of was the fact that it feels like I've seen him somewhere before.

The doctor comes to me and checks my chart and the other man in suit stands besides me and give me a gentle smile. At least he seems nice, one less thing to worry about. But where have I seen him? My memory seems blurry. Have I seen him in some movie?

Then he finally speaks, "hello kid, how are you feeling? Diya was it?"

'Diya? Yeah that was my name I remember it now. I'll think about it that later how did I forget my own name. Wait how does he know my name?'

I try to answer but throat feels sore so I give a nod shyly Not making eye contact which I usually never do with anyone. Specially strangers. The doctor checks me with his stethoscope and asks if I feel hurt anywhere.

'with every single cell of my body, doc'

But again I can't talk and all I can do is motion for my throat hoping they would understand, which they do as the nurse gives me a glass of water. I drink it and finally feel some relief. Everyone is still staring at me and I start to feel a little uncomfortable drinking water.

'awkwardddddddd'

As I finish my glass of water the man in suit finally speaks

"I'm agent Coulson. You think you can answer some of my questions now?"

'wait, did he say agent Coulson? Wait a damn minute.'

I finally look up and see his face properly this time. And it hits me like a train. My memory is coming back again and it feels over whelming. 'That person is Clark freaking Gregg. He plays as agent Coulson in MCU. My favorite movie franchise. And favorite is an understatement.

As it comes down I realize I've been staring at him longer than I should have.

'TF happening? Is this some prank? Is marvel doing some pranks on fans? I really had to wear my uniform on a day like this didn't I'

"you okay kid? No need to be scared. They are just some normal questions. You can take your time if you want to."

I have no idea what should I say, but I speak anyways

"it's alright"

'it's not actually' I internally say.