"...right..." Yibo answered faintly, lowering his head. "...But I can't just give up... He wants him back badly, even if he's rejected millions of times!"

Chen smiles at Yibo, "You know, the regret is always late. It just occurs when everything has already fucked up," he scoffs. 

"...I guess..."

"You should give him time, he must be still healing after the pain that was not resolved properly five years ago," he replies. 

Yibo looked up at him, sighing, "... should I? Still, I want to show him that I'm changing for good... I-- he wants him back..." he bit his lower lip to hold his tears.

"While he's healing, you should think of a way to show him properly what changed you made for yourself," he replies. Well, as his manager, a lot had changed from Yibo. Yibo doesn't full his schedules anymore, though still always busy but he reserves time for himself, his crankiness and frowning when stressed had lessened, he speaks warmer, and he smiles a lot, not a professional smile but a genuine one.

"I guess I should," he smiled faintly. "Oh wait--" he immediately jolted when he realizes he's been pointing out his view instead of calling it as his friend, "I mean, I guess I need to tell him that.. hehe.." he laughs sheepishly as he grabbed his phone to pretend typing on it.

Chen chuckles, he won't tell him that he already figured him out. He shrugs, "Good luck on that," he remarks, bringing back his attention to the papers he was holding.

.

"Mommy is uncle Bo doesn't want to play with me anymore?" Sean asks while looking at his mother with his saddened eyes. 

Zhan's hand stopped from stirring what he's cooking and looked at his son, he smiled to reassure him, "Maybe he's really just busy, baby. He'll play with you again later, hm?" he coos.

Sean pouted, "Maybe uncle hates Sean and doesn't want to play with Sean anymore," he sulks, slumping his face down on the dining table. 

Zhan sighed, closed the stove since he's finished cooking then removes his apron. He kind of feels guilty and sad for his son, he's the one who drove the alpha away how could he not? Seeing his son this sad is making his heart broken, "I'm sorry, baby. We just have to wait for uncle to be not busy, okay?" he said softly, though he doesn't know until when. 'But what should I do if I see him again? It's already awkward between us, now it's even more awkward. 

Zhan slowly nodded, gloomy and sad. 

Zhan sighs once again, smiling at his son, and approached him, engulfing him in a tight hug then whines, "Why? don't you want mommy anymore?" he jokingly sulks, pretending to be hurt.

Sean frowns, "No Mommy! I love mommy a lot!" he retorts. 

Zhan faked a cry as he buries his face in his son's belly, "No, you don't want mommy anymore. Now I'm sad," he pretends to sob. 

It was a short silence before Zhan heard small sobs from the kid and received a tight hug on his head. "No mommy! I'm sorry I made mommy cry! I love you, mommy. I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he apologizes continuously, bawling his heart out. 

Zhan was alerted and immediately got up to look at his son. He was just trying to tease him but he didn't think he'd cry so much. Zhan smiled fondly at his son as he watches him cry. His heart melted at the sight, he's glad to see his son feel empathetic of what he feels though he's just testing him.

Sean's tears keep falling as he wipes them with his little arms, he sniffles as snot runs down from his nose. Then he looks at his mother after calming a little, making grabby hands while he pouts. 

Zhan chuckles softly, grabbing his son into his lap and hugging him. "I love my Sean Sean too," he coos, rubbing his back to calm him down from crying.

"Sorry I made mommy cry," he sobs, burying his face on the crook of his neck. 

Zhan then released his comforting scent which Sean immediately rub his face into his neck. 

"Now, now then. Sean should stop crying already so we can eat, okay?" he coos, letting go of his son and putting him down back to his seat. 

"mhm," he nods, still pouting, and leftover tears are hanging from his cheeks. 

Zhan chuckles then kiss his tears away before standing up. "Love you, baby. Stop crying anymore or you'll make mommy more sad," he pouted. 

Sean cupped his mother's face, "I promise!" he declares, showing his pinky finger, Zhan then intertwined their pinkies.

------

A/N: Hwehwe my head is aching bruh