Comfort

(A/n: I have temporarily unpublished all the parts of 'Multiple Choices' because I will be editing them for at least a few days. And I know most of you hated how the reader was, so I'll fix her personality.)

⚠ Chapter 139 Spoilers ⚠

Fluff

You walked your way towards the tree where you knew Mikasa was, and you saw her sitting down on the grass, beside Eren's small grave.

As you drew closer towards her, she saw you and waved at you, making you smile and wave back.

"(Y/n), you came," Mikasa spoke, wearing her soft smile as she looked up at you, sitting down under the tree. "Of course, I do have to visit you after all." You uttered, sitting beside her.

Mikasa wrapped her arms around you, resting her head on your shoulder. You hugged her back, resting your head on top of hers. "I'm glad to see you again," Mikasa mumbled, nuzzling her head into your shoulder.

"Me too." You answered with a soft voice, rubbing her shoulder. "You haven't changed at all, except for your hair." You mentioned, playing with her ponytail.

"Does it suit me?" "Yeah. To be honest, I think you look really good with long hair." You complimented, making Mikasa blush.

"Thank you... And you didn't change, either. You still look beautiful as always." She said, running her hands through your hair. You smiled, pulling her closer to you, her head now resting on your chest.

"How are you? Are you feeling okay?" You asked her. Mikasa looks at you for a while before looking away, a sad smile forming on her face. "I'm... Fine. I just really miss Eren... I'm sorry, I know it's been three years, but..." She trailed off, tears forming in her eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. I understand how you feel. I miss him too. We all do. It's hard losing someone you deeply care for, so don't be sorry about grieving for someone, no matter how long." You reassured.

Mikasa didn't say anything else but only hummed, wrapping her arms around you tightly. You pulled her closer to you and rubbed her back, comforting her.

The both of you only stayed quiet, comfortably enjoying each other's presence. Until you see a bird fly and stand on a branch of the tree, looking right at you.

"Mikasa, do you know that bird?" You asked her, looking back at the bird and not looking away. "Yeah, it always visits me. Like a guardian angel." She said, looking at the bird, too.

"But... But why is it staring at me?" You stammered, a bit intimidated. Mikasa chuckled, "There's nothing to be worried about. The bird is just watching us."

You nodded before looking away and sighed, kissing Mikasa's forehead. "Okay... Well, the others are coming to visit you later. For now, it's just the two of us." You soothed.

She smiled at you softly, but despite that, sadness still showed in her eyes. You felt great sympathy for her. She lost her family again, just like how she lost her parents when she was young.

And now you're here to comfort her and be with her at all costs while she still grieves for Eren. Since before, she would be the one to comfort you and care for you. Now, it was your turn.

"Mikasa, I'll always be here for you when you need something. If you feel upset, I'll be here. I'll do whatever it takes to cheer you up." You reassured, resting your hands on her shoulders.

Mikasa looks at you with loving eyes, her smile growing into a thankful one. "Thank you, (Y/n)... I know you always try your best to make me feel better, even until now. And I'm so lucky to have someone like you." She said, almost in a whisper.

She cups your face with both of her hands and pulls your face closer to hers. "I love you, (Y/n)."

You smiled back at her, cupping her face as well. "I love you to- Hey!" You exclaimed after the bird suddenly attacks you, flying towards you and hitting your face with its wings.

Mikasa pulls you away from the bird and waves her hand to make it go away, but it didn't and it only went back towards the branch.

"Wh-Why did it attack me?!" You yell, clutching your head. "Stupid bird." You muttered under your breath. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). I really don't know why it attacks people. You're not the only one." She apologized.

"But are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" Mikasa asked with concern. "No, it's okay. I'm fine. That stupid bird just disrupted what I wanted to say to you."

You carefully held her chin to make her look at you. "Mikasa, I love you t- fuck!" You cursed after the bird attacked you again.

"Please, go away," Mikasa tells the bird, making it fly away. She sighs and hugs you. "I'm sorry about that." "It's not your fault. That bird just probably hates me." You said, hugging her back.

"Let's stay like this while the rest aren't here yet." You soothed, rubbing her back with your hand. "Of course," She replies, resting her head on your shoulder. "I'd love that."