I Will Be Here

Mikasa x Bisexual! Fem! Reader

Your crying state was enough to make Mikasa look at you with a sympathetic look on her face, her hand softly caressing your hair as you laid on her lap.

She was worried sick about you. Her very first instinct when seeing you extremely upset was to comfort you first. Her eyes were full of worry as her gaze was focused on you.

You were sobbing quietly, tears running down your eyes continuously. Your head was facing Mikasa's lap, making your sobs muffled.

"... What happened?" Mikasa asked softly and gently. She waited patiently for your response, knowing something bad happened.

"J-Jean... He..." You muttered. Her eyes slightly widen as she raised her eyebrows, eager for you to continue. "Jean? What did he do?" She asked.

You clench your eyes closed, dried tears staining your cheeks. "I saw him... He w-was... Kissing somebody else..." You stuttered, not being able to talk properly as you continued to sob.

Mikasa's expression hardens. Of all people who had to hurt you, it had to be Jean, your boyfriend or maybe he wasn't anymore.

Jean could be cheesy sometimes but because of his 'kind' personality, you loved him. And he loved you no matter what. But now he had showed you otherwise.

"Jean?" She asked, her voice now dark, full of anger. You nodded, still crying with your face against her thigh, tears now soaking her pants.

I'm going to teach that horse face a lesson when I see him. Mikasa thought to herself. She hugs you, bringing you to a tight embrace that made you relax.

"Don't worry, you won't see him again." She said softly. She held you close as you faced her, still feeling worried but to the very least feeling a little safe from Mikasa's comfort.

Once Mikasa had put you to sleep and carried you to the bedroom, she went to Jean's house to talk to him.

"Mikasa? What are you doing here?" Jean asked. She stared at him, dead in the eyes. She didn't say anything and walked inside his house.

"I just want to speak to you." She said, trying her best to act impassive. Jean sighed as he sat on a chair as Mikasa sat across from him.

"What is it that you want to say?" He asked. "(Y/n) was crying earlier. I asked her what was wrong, and she said that she saw you kissing someone else." She started.

Jean felt slightly nervous but overshadowed it with his calm composure and stayed quiet. "Who did you kiss? And why did you think she was better than (Y/n)?" Mikasa asked, now glaring at him.

"I... Really don't know what you're talking about." Jean says. "I love (Y/n), and only her. Why would I-" Jean wasn't even able to finish his sentence when Mikasa stood up and grabbed Jean's shirt collar and pulled him up.

"I think it's best for you to tell me the truth than tell shitty lies to me, but either way, you won't be left unharmed." She said darkly, her expression grim.

Jean's face showed fear, not once moving his hands. "If you ever go near her again, I won't spare your life. You don't know how much you've hurt her." She muttered before throwing him to the ground.

Jean was too scared to even say anything. His back and arm got hurt in the process. He stared, looking afraid as he laid on the floor.

Mikasa gave him one last glare before leaving his house, leaving Jean alone.

Mikasa went straight back to your house to check on you if you're still asleep.

She went to your room to see your sleeping state, and smiled. Her sleeping face is adorable. Mikasa thought to herself.

She went to you and laid beside you, feeling your warmth. So delicate. She thought. She leaned her head against your shoulder, and before she knew it, she fell asleep.

You finally woke up and realized that you were hugging Mikasa with your head leaned against the crook of her neck as her arms were wrapped around your waist.

Mikasa soon woke up after you and also noticed her position. "I'm sorry-!" The both of you say in synchronization.

You blushed along with her from embarrassment. "I-I was asleep and didn't know I was... Doing that." You said, backing away.

"It's fine, I didn't know I was doing that as well." She answered, covering her embarrassment with a smile. You smiled back, refusing to look at her eyes.

"I, um... Listen, thank you for yesterday." You said. "For what?" She asked. You nervously rub the back of your neck as you smiled shyly at her.

"For comforting me when I felt extremely worried. Now I feel a little better." You answered, blushing even more.

"You don't have to thank me. I just deeply care about you." Mikasa said, unwrapping her red scarf that was given to her by someone she cared about, and wrapped it around your neck.

Knowing that scarf was important to her, you only blushed even more, looking down at the scarf and smiled.

Mikasa pulled you close and hugged you, brining your face to her chest as she caressed your cheek with her hand.

"So don't worry about anyone or anything. Because I will be here."

(A/N: Non of the characters here are minors.)