Promise

There you stood on the tree branch, watching the abnormal titan run closer to you. You pulled out your blades, preparing to attack.

As the titan drew closer, you used your Maneuver Gear to fly to the titan and went to its nape and sliced it with your blades, killing the titan.

You flew away, smirking at your victory. Suddenly, another titan ran to you and you successfully killed it again.

You watched it fall to the ground, chuckling to yourself. Your eyes were too fixated on the titan as you didn't notice another one running up to you.

Once you turned your head and saw the titan, you knew it was too late to kill it now. You stayed there, frozen and waiting for the titan to come and eat you.

But before its mouth reached you, you felt two strong arms carry you and flee from the titan.

You looked up to see Mikasa, carrying you bridal style as she used her gas in her Maneuver Gear to fly from the titan

"M-Mikasa?" You called your girlfriend in shock that she had managed to get you quickly.

She looked at you, her eyes filled with worry. Without saying anything, she looked back ahead.

After a while, she landed on another tree branch, letting you go to stand up on your own.

"What were you thinking? You should've looked around you for any other titan that's coming, not focusing on one specific thing only! You could've been killed!" She said worriedly.

You smiled warmly at her concern. "I know and I'm sorry. I'll be careful next time, I promise." You tell her.

"You said that to me many times and look, you're still being careless." She lets out a sigh, pinching her temples.

"Please, (Y/n). Please be cautious of your surroundings. You know I'm not always there to save you. I love you so much and I don't want anything bad happening to you." She says, her voice full of concern as she held both of your hands.

You gently squeezed her hands as reassurance. "Okay... I'm sorry I made you worried. I promise you that I will be careful from now on." You tell her, slowly calming her down.

"And please, also protect yourself." You added.

Mikasa looked at you and made a small smile before nodding. "Of course I can protect myself. I'm strong." She said making you chuckle.

"I will protect myself from any danger as well as I will protect you. And I'm not always there with you so please protect yourself, too." She tells you, looking deeply into your eyes.

"Of course I will..." You trailed off, looking back and keeping your gaze into her eyes.

The two of you looked at each other, staring intimately into your eyes, slowly leaning towards each other, about to kiss.

That was until the moment was interrupted by someone.

"Oi brats. Don't just stand there and wait to get eaten by those pieces of shit titans. This is an expedition, not a bedroom." Levi said, surprising the both of you and you immediately let go of her hands.

"S-Sorry..." You apologized, feeling your face heating up from embarrassment as Mikasa glared at him, pissed that he ruined her moment with you.

He clicked his tongue before flying away, leaving you and Mikasa alone.

You looked at Mikasa and chuckled at her expression, making her face you.

"You heard him. Let's go." You tell her. Mikasa nodded, her smile forming again.