Dad? - CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Leo

We look at each other for another minute. The doctor walks in, "I'm glad to see that you're awake." Does he think he could just talk to my girl after spending 5 hours in surgery and taking a long ass time! I feel Lexi squeeze my hand reassuring that everything is ok and I relax.

"So, I wanted to talk to you about how long you'll be here." The doctor continued, "I'm hoping to discharge you in about two weeks. I don't want the stitching to open up. We'll be putting you on lots of antibiotics due to the damage the knife caused. Now, we're going to run some tests to make sure you're getting better. I'll have a nurse come in to take some blood and I'll get back to you." He says before walking off.

"Well, that's a lot to take in." Lexi says. "Two weeks?! How am I going to get money to pay for my hospital bills?" I looked at her and laughed. "Who says i'm going to let you pay for those bills?" I asked her. "Well, I am the one dying!" She yells. "Which is exactly why I'll be paying for your bills. Plus," I whisper, "I have big mafia boss money soooo, yeah I'm paying." She laughs and starts coughing. "Don't make me laugh it hurts." She says continuing to laugh. "What's so funny?" I genuinely ask. "Big Mafia boss money." She mocks me in a deep voice. Bringing me to laugh along with her.

We stop when a nurse walks in and it's a dude. I stare at him and he gets nervous. I see him take all the equipment out and he almost touched her. "I want a woman nurse now!" I say as he runs off like a scared little boy. "You know being nice to people wouldn't kill you." Lexi says and I turn to her. "But what's the fun in that?" I say with a smirk and I kiss her. I sit beside her bed while holding onto her hand. "Hi Lexi, I'm your new nurse is that ok?" This older lady maybe in her 40's comes in. "Yes, ma'am." Lexi confirms.

"Alright, the doctor wanted to take some blood for tests, is that ok with you?" Lexi nods her head. "Ok so, i'm going to disinfect the area and i'll let you know when i'm about to put the needle in ok?" The nurse asked. "Umm... yes. But, I just wanted to let you know that when I do get shots or needles or blood taken, I always pass out. So, I'm sorry if I pass out." Lexi apologizes.

She never told me this. I mean we've never been in a situation where she had to go to the hospital before so, how or why would she tell me. "How come I didn't know this?" I asked. "It never came up in a conversation." Lexi said. I just nod my head in agreement. "No need to apologize though sweetheart. It happens to the best of us. If you feel you're going to pass out let me know." The nurse says.

"Ok I'm going to put the needle in now." The nurse says. Lexi squeezes my hand. I didn't know she was this scared of needles. I see the nurse taking blood from the needle she just inserted. I play with kittens hair while I rub small circles on the back of her hand to soothe her. I see the nurse take the needle and Lexi shuts her eyes.

"I'm going to pass out girl." Lexi says. "Ok just let it happen. We have everything we need to help you out." The nurse says. Is she fucking crazy? She just told Lexi pass out again. You know you almost died 2 seconds ago but pass out it's ok. "No ma'am I don't like the feeling. I don't wanna pass out. Please help me." Lexi begs.

"You're alr-" Before the nurse finished Lexi threw up all over her shoes. I almost laughed because the nurse almost threw up herself. Then Lexi threw up again all over the nurses shoes. And then one more time. "I think I feel better now." Lexi says. Lexi looked mentally and physically tired. "Th-that's g-gr-great. Umm... I need to go uhh... change." The nurse says. "Well, good thing you have everything here to clean up right?" I ask her and she just nods walking away withe tray of Lexi's blood tests.

"You threw up on her shoes on purpose huh?" I say turning to Lexi. "Yep." She says already looking better. "That's my girl." I say. "I almost passed and she just watched. What she was supposed to do was making my lay down all the way thennnn take my blood. But, whoever trained her is clearly stupid. I started to see black dots and lights. I didn't wanna fall asleep again I was scared." She admits. "Well, you did great baby. For a person who passes out when taking blood, you sure are strong." I tell her.

I get up and lean in to kiss her. The doctor interrupts our moment. "Hey- Oh sorry. Umm..." I look at him with an intimidating look. Lexi giggles, "It's ok." She says. "So, you have a guest and I was wondering if you're ok with guests now Mrs. Hernandez?" The doctor says. I smirk and she looks surprised. "Mrs. Hernandez?" She asks now turning to me. "Yeah Mr. Hernandez said-" The doctor stopped. "Well, anyways you have a guest are you ok with that?" He asked. "Yes." She said as she rolled her eyes and giggled.

The doctor walked out and we heard him say, you may go in, to someone. I hear someone walk in and it's this man that looks exactly like Lexi but, you can't tell unless you look at them if they're next to each other.

_______________________________

Lexi

No, no, no, no, no. My smile drops. This can't be happening right now. After all these years now he's here. Asshole. "Dad?" I asked. "Hey pumpkin." He replied.
—————————————————————————
HEY GUYSSSS!!!!
I hope u like this chapter! Some spicy chapters are coming up and i think the book might almost be over idkkk. You'll have to stay tuned!
Love y'all lots!!! <333