3.3

"you lost them?" derek scowled

"yeah, i kind of had to," scott defended. 

"wasn't exactly the plan," he commented.

"he lost them, he lost them. we can find 'em again," sillie spoke up, the trio on a group call. she continued to walk.

"yeah, and i know it wasn't the plan, which is why i think that we should stick together. trust me, he's too strong, too fast, and-and way to angry for one person to handle together. we've got to do this together."

"look, i'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve," derek informed. "can you guys meet me here?"

"yeah," scott agreed. "just got to drop something off first."

"i was heading there anyway, i forgot my coffee in reign." sillie shrugged. "i'm literally, like, fifty yards away." she hung up, walking up to derek after a moment.

derek looked at her. "hey."

"hey." she went over to reign, opening it and grabbing her coffee. she stopped for a second. "derek, this is yours." she grabbed the leather jacket in the backseat, holding it up. 

he furrowed his eyebrows. "why the hell is that there?"

sillie shrugged. "how the fuck should i know?"

they shared a look, remembering that derek took off his leather jacket on one of their not-dates when sillie called it stupid.

"why are you wearing that?" sillie raised an eyebrow.

derek paused. "what?"

"that." she pointed to his leather jacket. "you know how much i think they're stupid." she started driving.

"i thought you liked this one?" derek asked.

"no, that's the ugly one, you idiot." she scoffed. "it's stupid."

derek took it off, dropping it into the backseat. "mhm."

"you thought it was the one i liked cause they all look the same," sillie deadpanned. "i don't like any of your leather jackets. i like mine."

"i knew that."

"oh, did you?"

"yeah, i was just fucking with you." he shrugged.

she nodded, mocking his expression. "sure you did."

"right..." derek trailed off. "uh, just leave it in there, i guess, i'll take it once we're done with this."

sillie nodded, tossing it back into the backseat. "it's still stupid."

"i figured."

≡≡≡