2.7

little manwe've got a plan

little man
we've got a plan. we're gonna ask lydia about jackson's birth parents and we'll update you when we have something

me
good luck

sillie turned to melissa. "are you taking the new patient?" 

the new patient was a pregnant woman who was attacked in the woods.

melissa nodded. "yeah. which reminds me..." she checked the time, picking up a binder. "i should be getting there now." she kissed sillie on her head as she passed her. "i'll see you later."

sillie waved. "see ya." she went back to writing a report for one of her patients. ten minutes past before she looked up when a bag with japanese food in it was placed in front of her, the amazing smell filling her nose. she almost grinned before she saw who it was. "oh, it's you. what do you want?"

derek raised an eyebrow. "i brought you some food."

sillie narrowed her eyes at him. "why?"

he sighed. "am i not allowed to bring you food?"

"how do i know it's not poisoned?" 

"it's not, and even if it was, you'd heal."

"how do i know it's not poisoned with something meant to kill a werewolf?"

"it's not. can you take the damn food, i paid a lot for this."

"oh, you poor thing," sillie mocked, taking the food anyway. she opened it and started eating, going back to her work.

derek sighed. "can we talk?"

she exhaled sharply. "about what?"

"you know what."

"nope." sillie shook her head. "i don't. but i do have work to do. so, thanks for the food, i guess. you can go."

"sillie, we need to talk about it," he urged. 

she shrugged. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

he gave her a look. "so you have no memory of us having sex the other night?"

she clenched her jaw. "fine. it was a mistake. there. done. you can go now."

he sighed. "you and i both know it wasn't a mistake."

"yeah. it was, derek." she nodded. "it was a mistake. and it was a one time thing."

derek frowned. "can we actually talk about it?" he glanced at a group of nosy nurses that were clearly eavesdropping and going to spill to everyone in the hospital. "in private?"

"mmm." sillie pretended to think about it. "no."

"sillie-"

"derek."

he huffed, grabbing her hand across the counter and pulling her up. he dragged her into one of the on-call rooms, shutting the door, locking it, and blocking the way.