2.1

sillie sighed as she wrote some paperwork, glancing up when her phone buzzed

sillie sighed as she wrote some paperwork, glancing up when her phone buzzed. she answered it, holding it to her ear without checking the caller ID. "hello?"

"is this sillie?"

she paused, looking up with her eyebrows furrowed together. "mister lahey?" she hated mister lahey. she used to be friends with camden and she used to babysit isaac. since she was a werewolf, she could tell mister lahey was abusive. but she didn't have proof, and if she went to anyone, they would've been inspected by CPS or something, and the situation would be made worse.

"yeah, hi," he greeted, his words slurred. "isaac here is having trouble and school and you were... always a good tutor and shit."

"are you asking if i can tutor isaac?"

"yes."

"um... yeah, of course. when should i stop by? what subject does he need help in?"

"anytime on any day is fine, actually. as long as it isn't school hours or when he has lacrosse. and he needs help in chemistry the most."

"dad..." isaac spoke up, his voice would've been faint if she wasn't a werewolf. "can i maybe tell her?"

mister lahey sounded like he was rolling his eyes with a scoff. "if you can do it yourself, you should've said so in the first place. here." he shoved the phone at isaac's chest. "now fuck off."

isaac's footsteps were heard as he went upstairs seemingly. a door shut. "hi, sillie. i'm-i'm really sorry about my dad, he's... he's drunk right now."

"no worries," sillie assured gently. "so, what's up? what do you need help in and what times do you prefer?"

"um... chemistry an-and math... and, uh, if it isn't a problem or anything, could we have the tutor sessions at the library at the high school? three-thirty on whenever days that are good for you."

"ok, 'course, yeah." sillie nodded, not that he could see. "how are you, isaac?"

he gulped. "i-i'm fine, i guess. thank you for asking. and thank you for tutoring me. i... i really need my grades up, you have no idea." he forced a chuckle.

sillie frowned. "do you have paper and something to write with?"

"yeah, uh- um, why?"

"write down my number. that way you can call me whenever you need. i know you lost it last time, so maybe try keeping it under your mattress or something."

"thanks," isaac whispered, the sound of a pen touching the paper being faint a bit.

"of course. how's tomorrow for you? i know there's lacrosse practice and stuff, so if it's a yes, don't worry about being late. i'll understand."

"y-yeah, tomorrow, three-thirty. it works. thanks again." 

"of course," sillie told him. she listened to isaac hang up before she stared at her phone, knowing something had to be done.