3.13

"he had another nightmare," noah informed

sillie sighed, rubbing her forehead. "screaming again?"

noah hummed in confirmation. 

"shit," she mumbled. "are you sure you don't want me to get him medication to help? i know it's probably somehow supernatural related, but there's gotta be something."

"i tried," noah admitted. "he doesn't want meds or anything involving the hospital."

sillie sighed. "alright. i'll stop by later and check on him and all of that."

"alright, goodnight, kid," noah said.

"night, dad." sillie waited for him to hang up before tossing her phone down. 

isaac knocked on the door. "sillie?"

she sniffled, looking toward him. "hey, you ok?" she could hear his heartbeat pounding. "what's wrong?"

he gave her a look.

"another nightmare?" she guessed.

stiles had been having nightmares almost every night, and isaac had some every few weeks of his dad. 

isaac nodded.

"c'mere." sillie pulled down the blanket on the other side of the bed, letting him climb in.

isaac snuggled up with her, her head on his.

"you wanna talk about it?" sillie asked.

he shook his head. "not really."

"ok." she rubbed his arm, kissing the crown on his head. "night, isaac."

"night, sils."

≡≡≡

"i'm going over to scott's, i gotta talk to him," isaac informed, eating his ceral.

"ok." sillie nodded, not asking about what he needed to talk to scott about since she knew anyway. "you need a ride?"

he hesitated. "just for today. um, you know the money you've been giving me? i saved it all up, and i, uh, i used it to get a car..." 

she paused. "you got a car?"

he nodded. 

"holy shit," she exclaimed. "they didn't need me to sign anything?"

"nope. uh, if-if that's not ok, i have a thirty-day return thing. and you-you can hit me if you need to or something. i dunno."

"wow. alright, that's good with me." she shrugged. "and i'd never hit you, isaac," she reminded him. "we've been over this, i'm never gonna hit you."

"really? you're ok with me getting a car?" isaac asked.

"yeah." she chuckled. "you did your chores that you chose to have, i gave you money, therefore it's yours. you can do whatever you want with your money, isaac."