6.20

chris banged on the door

isaac groaned. "scott! scott, open the door!"

scott quickly opened the door. "hey."

bella cheered, throwing her arms up.

scott furrowed his eyebrows. "who's-"

"i'll explain later. c'mon," isaac deadpanned. he gave him a quick hug before pulling away.

scott made a face after. "w- where's sils and derek? you guys never answered. nor did you answer where you've been for the past, like, year."

isaac sighed, picking up bella and starting to walk down the stairs to the car.

"let's go," chris demanded. "isaac can explain everything about her and sillie and derek later."

scott sighed, grabbing his jacket. they got into chris' car and scott got on his bike.

≡≡≡

scott roared as he threw a hunter, isaac hitting one's head into the wall. 

"go, isa!" bella encouraged, hiding behind a wall at a safe distance. 

chris fired his gun a bit, the living hunters leaving. 

"come on," isaac said, gesturing over bella. 

they all walked toward the kid they were looking for, scott's eyes glowing red. the kid's eyes glowed yellow in return. 

"found him," isaac stated the obvious as their eyes went back to normal. 

scott chuckled shortly, giving him a look. they walked over to the kid, scott crouching in front of him. he gave the kid a look and put his hand on the arrow that had been shot into his leg. he started pulling it out, the kid screaming in pain and bella covering her ears. 

isaac made a face, sharing a look with chris.

≡≡≡

"what's your name?" scott asked.

"alec," the kid replied.

"did i get it right, alec?" scott raised his eyebrows.

"is that what happened to you?" he inquired.

he faced forward, him in the passenger seat with chris driving. isaac and bella were next to alec in the back.

"i've got my own story," scott answered. "but there were parts i didn't expect. people... that i thought would be with me forever... were the ones that i lost." he glanced at the other two he knew, both of them knowing who he was referring to. 

bella furrowed her eyebrows, smelling that isaac, scott, and chris got sad. she frowned, her lips pursing together.

"some people i thought i could never trust... ended up saving my life. more than once." him and chris looked at each other.