3.15

"hey, we're back," derek informed after calling sillie

"hey, we're back," derek informed after calling sillie. "peter and i are at the loft, and braeden went somewhere - not sure where."

"alright, did you find whatever you were looking for?" sillie asked.

"yeah, uh... i'll tell you about it later. i doubt you wanna hear it over call."

"that's true." sillie shrugged. she looked down the hall when she heard the code red alarm. "i've gotta go. i'll see you later." she hung up.

≡≡≡

"oh, here we go," melissa mumbled when noah walked in through the front doors with deputies and rafael walked into the hall with other agents.

sillie sighed. "you've gotta be shitting my dick."

melissa sighed. 

the women walked up to the men.

"hey. he is not coming in," noah declared firmly.

"this is the only hospital that will take him," rafael argued.

"what about county?" noah tried.

"you'd be surprised how fast things fill up when a guy like this needs a surgery."

"why not just let him suffer?" sillie deadpanned.

noah exhaled.

"hold on, they turfed him to us?" melissa inquired.

"yeah." rafael nodded. 

"if county doesn't want to operate on him-" noah started.

"then someone has to," rafael concluded.

"why not just let him die?" sillie asked. "genuinely. we all know what he's done."

the conversation was cut short when the doors opened with deputies and william barrow on a gurney being rolled in, restrained to it.

"somebody needs to do his pre-op interview," melissa stated.

"who usually does that?" rafael asked.

sillie and melissa shared a look. "us."

"you're not going in there." sillie shook her head.

"well, i'm not letting you go in there with him alone," melissa retorted. she went to say something but stopped when she remembered rafael was there. "uh, raf? can you get me a coffee to prepare?"

rafael sighed. "sure." he walked off.

melissa glanced at noah. "sils, you know what he's said, right? kids with glowing eyes? you have glowing eyes."

noah nodded. "neither of you should go in there."

"he's restrained and i can heal if he does anything," sillie said. "mel, you're human. you can't heal like i do. it's not safe for you-"