5.3

"i have a date," noah bragged

"you do?" sillie asked. "oh. wow. um, who's the special person?"

"i'm not telling you who she is," noah deadpanned.

"alright. well, uh..." sillie tried to think of what to say. she was still surprised about how he took off the ring. "i hope you have a good time, dad. you deserve it."

"thanks, sils." noah smiled. "i've gotta go, the boys just got here. i'll talk to you later. i love you."

"i love you too, dad." sillie waited for him to hang up, staring at his contact. she sighed, drinking some water. maybe she was being dramatic. it had been years since claudia's death, and noah was moving on. and that was a good thing. she just has to accept that.

"hey, baby!" derek called. "you want anything to eat?"

"uh, no thanks." she shook her head, knowing he couldn't see since he was downstairs while she was laying in bed. "i'm not hungry." 

isaac furrowed his eyebrows, sharing a look with derek. "what'd she just say?"

derek gaped. "i think she said she isn't hungry..."

"but she's always hungry..." isaac frowned.

derek made a face before quickly heading upstairs, knocking on the door. "sils."

"hm?" she hummed, looking up. 

he opened the door, peering his head in. "everything ok?"

"yeah, why?" she asked.

"you just... you're always hungry and you just said you weren't." derek tried to shrug to make it seem like nothing. "are you ok, babe?"

"yeah, i'm fine," sillie lied. 

derek gulped. "you're-you're heart jumped."

she sighed. "don't listen to my heartbeat, asshole, i'm pregnant, my heart does random shit. i'm fine, der. go back downstairs."

"alright. just, let us know if you need anything, ok?" derek got a nod in reply, hesitantly shutting the door and going back down.

"she's not fine." isaac shook his head.

"nope."

"i'll ask stiles."

≡≡≡

little man
some dickhead just threatened to kill dad
just thought you'd wanna know

me
is dad ok? and where's the dickhead, who is he?

little man
a guy named donavan. he tried to be a deputy but he's going to juvie instead
and dad's fine. he's done getting ready for the date