"P-please..." he sniffles, desperate for someone to open up. Cause if Zhan will bottle it up again, he'd actually burst. He doesn't know how to face his son in this kind of situation where he can't control his emotions anymore. 

"Okay, I'll be right there. Wait for me, hm?" Zhuocheng coos. He received a trembling hum from the other omega before he cut the call. 

"I'll go to Zhan for a while, can you continue this?" Zhuocheng frantically removes his apron then shoves them to Haikuan. 

"What happened?" Haikuan asked, curious as to why his husband was in a hurry.

"Zhan is crying, I don't know why. So I need to check up on him. You know how me he doesn't want to let his son see him vulnerable," he answers. 

Haikuan sighs and smiles fondly at his husband, 'Ah, I'm glad I married him,' he thought. "Okay, do call me when you're going home or not okay?" he reminded him.

"Yes!" he answers with a nod, already at the front door and ready to go out. 

Haikuan just watches his husband leave the house.

.

When Zhuoceng arrived, he immediately spotted Zhan sitting on the front porch, face buried between her palms and sobbing. 

Zhuocheng ran to him, embracing him into his arms upon making contact. "What happened?" he asked worriedly, rubbing his back gently. 

"*hic* I don't know! It hurts..." he cried, dampening Zhuocheng's shoulders. 

"I don't know what it is so you better tell me, for now, you need to calm, yeah?" he coos, voice soft as Zhan's sobs even more. 

They stay in that position for half an hour, Zhuocheng rubbing his back to soothe him and slowly Zhan started calming down, his sobs stopped, only hiccups from crying too much. 

"Feeling better? You think you can tell me now?" He asks, as he holds him by the shoulders and pushed him away to look at his face. 

Zhan smiled bitterly, then nodded, "Yeah..." he mumbles, barely audible, if not for the silence of the neighborhood Zhuocheng would not hear them. 

Zhuoheng then let go of him, sitting properly beside him, and gazed at the night sky. "So what happened?" he asked calmly, waiting for the other to speak. 

Zhan swallowed the lump on his throat first before telling him everything. 

.

"So that fucker is your ex?!" Zhuocheng exclaimed, blood boiling after hearing everything. He didn't expect the turn of events. 

"...Shh.." Zhan stopped him from being hysterical all of a sudden. 

"No, no, no. I won't shut up! Why didn't you tell me sooner? I've been being friendly with him, letting Sean hang out with a bastard like him and now you'll tell me he's the fucker who knocked you out with a kid and then neglect you both?! You think I'm going to calm down about it? No! I  will say a word or two to that fucking bastard, I won't tolerate him to get near to you or to Sean anymore!!" Zhuocheng growled, his fist was clenched tight, itching to punch something. 

"No, please calm down," Zhan pleaded softly, grabbing Zhuocheng on his arm to stop him from rampaging. 

Zhuocheng turned his head at him, brows knitted in anger, "And you! Why the fuck do you let a bastard like him be around you?! You should cuss him out! he doesn't deserve to be around you and your son!" 

Zhan looked down, "But Sean... I don't want the smile on my son to fade..." he mumbles. 

Zhuocheng clicked his tongue, "Fuck, Zhan. Are you going to be selfless again? Think about yourself sometimes, hm?" he says as if asking Zhan a favor.

Zhan cannot respond to that. He can't be selfish, he wants his son to be smiling and not feel his burdens and just enjoy and be a kid. 

Zhuocheng facepalmed, he knows the look Zhan is making. It screams 'no I can't!'. He sighs heavily, being done with his friend, "Well then, I am the one going to decide, and I say,  I will talk to him get away from you two!" he declares. 

Zhan immediately looks up at him, eyes wide, worriedness in his eyes. "No, please! Sean is smiling when he's with him. He's carefree and becomes a real kid when he's around him. Please..." he begged, pleading him to not do what he is planning to do. 

Zhuocheng sighed frustratedly. Yeah, he's completely going insane with this friend of his. "alright. But if you cry again like this because of him? I will do what I said, remember that!" he threatens sternly. 

Zhan lowered his head then nodded slowly. He can't say no to that, since Zhuocheng looks angry right now. "...thank you..." he mumbles.

The other omega raised an eyebrow at him, "for what?" 

Zhan smiled faintly, "For getting angry for me..." he paused. "I was used to hiding my emotions, I was able to hide them for 5 years from you right?"

Zhuocheng listened carefully.

"I acted tough all the time with everyone, but lately, because I saw him again after how many years, I felt like I was too full that anytime It'll overflow. And here I am, unable to hide them anymore. I don't have someone to lean on, and if my son sees me this way, it'll break my heart more. I just want him to be happy, far from rejection and neglect, is that too much to ask?" he asks, pain between his words are obvious. 

Zhuocheng looked at him, smiles sympathetically as he opens his arms to give his friend another hug, "You did well. Sometimes you also need to be selfish, also think of yourself, of what makes you feel better. If not, you'll break," he reminded him, patting his back. 

"Hm, but I'm selfish. My selfish wish is to make my son happy all the time, to see him smile."

Zhuocheng chuckles, "I don't want to argue anymore, you won't even get it. But what I said earlier, I will do that if you cry like this again because of him, remember that!" he said sternly.

Zhan chuckles, "Okay, okay," he assures, hugging the omega back.

"By the way, you didn't tell me you're an actor?!" Zhuocheng suddenly rumbles, pushing Zhan away. 

"I just did though?" Zhan tilted his head. 

Zhuocheng clicked his tongue, "You JUST told me! I only knew now! After five years?!" he growls. 

Zhan laughs, "Well, there's nothing amusing about that. I already left the industry, and I'm happy to have a new life here so I didn't bother to tell you about those little details," he shrugs. 

Zhuocheng sighed frustratedly, "Ahhhh! I'm gonna look up to you on the internet, just you wait!" he snarled.

Zhan laughs once again at his friend's threat, "You don't need to do that though, I'm not planning to get back in the industry. Sharing my knowledge in that field is better anyways."

Zhuocheng pouted, "Just let me watch some of your works, don't be selfish," he whined. 

"And you just told me a while ago to be selfish?" he raised an eyebrow. 

Zhuocheng huffed, "Not that selfish kind stupid!" he fights back.

Zhan laughs, "Just kidding. I can lend you some of my movies tho, I have them hidden." he offers which made Zhuocheng's eyes sparkle. 

"Yey!" he cheers like a child. 

Zhan shook his head. Really, he's glad that Zhuocheng was there to make him feel better. He's glad he has a friend like him. 

"Well then, you going to stay or go home?" he asks as he stood. 

Zhuocheng followed suit, "I need to go home. You think you feel better now?" 

Zhan nods, "I feel much better," he replies, "want to borrow now? I can lend you something I can pick somewhere in the house," he recommends. 

Zhuocheng was immediate to nod, smiling wide as he waits.

.

A/N: Huhu, I'm so sorry for not updating for the past few days. I had deadlines to meet. But rest assured, I will be able to update from today onwards. Thank you for always waiting. Love lots!