Blendin's Game: Part 1

Dipper's p.o.v.

I slip in the quarter and type in the snack I want as Mabel, (y/n) and I shout for the candy when it gets caught and we look through the glass in pain. "No, it's trapped!" "Everything is terrible forever!" "Psst, hey dudes. You wanna know a trick?" Soos asks before he hits the vending machine a couple of times before hitting it with his elbow and the machine opens. "A genius taught me that once," He says as he grabs a couple of snacks. "This just in weather stations are calling for a candy blizzard!" He throws the candy at us before closing the machine, pulling out his wallet and inserting some coins to pay for the candy.

"Forget taking off the wrappers, I'm eating these now!" Mabel shouts stuffing her mouth with candy and (y/n) tells him "Soos you are the greatest human ever to live." "Agreed," I say before we watch my sister cough out the candy going "This was a mistake!" "Hey, no sweat dude, I'd do anything for the Pines family." "Soos! I need to scratch myself in two places at once!" Grunkle Stan shouts from the back.

"And I mean anything. Coming Mr. Pines," Soos leaves and customer walks (y/n) walking to the cash register stating "I've got this one," That's when I notice Soos's wallet on the table. "Woah, better make sure he gets his wallet back," I say grabbing it when Mabel runs up. "Wait! I've never seen Soos's wallet before. Don't you wanna learn some Soos secrets?" "I dunno if we should be-Woah Soos has a membership to laser tag?" I start to say before noticing the membership card.

"I didn't know they let grown-ups in there." "And look, emergency salami. Soos, my respect for you has grown," Mabel exclaims pulling out a slice of salami when I look over his ID card. "Organ donor, his birthday July 13...Wait a minute, that's today. That's weird I wonder why he didn't tell anyone?" I wonder causing my sister to roll her eyes at me. "Uh...Duh! It's probably because he wants someone to throw him a surprise party! I can relate. I've been waiting for a surprise party my whole life," Candy comes running up and throws confetti over Mabel shouting "Surprise!" Mabel narrows her eyes at her. "Too little too late you."

Mabel's p.o.v.

With that, I recruited Candy and Grenda to help me and Dipper prepare for Soos's surprise birthday party. "More exclamation points! More I say!" I tell Grenda who was painting the birthday banner which read 'It's your birthday yo!!!!!!!!!'. "Wow, you guys thought of everything." "Grenda, twins are born birthday experts," I say just as Dipper came with the cake, further explaining. "We've shared every birthday together so we know how to make them perfect," We then proceed to high-five, fistbump with our elbows, and touch each other's foot with our foot as we both blew party whistles.

"Hey, places everyone, I hear footsteps," Dipper suddenly says and we hide behind the table as Candy dragged a blindfolded Soos over. "Everyone be QUIET!" "Alright, you promised a giant hummingbird so I'm expecting to see a giant hummingbird," Candy takes off the blindfold and we jump out yelling "SURPRISE!" "Happy birthday you king on Earth. We got everything you love: Cake-flavored pizza, pizza-flavored cake, and one more treat," I lead him to a small stage where Toby Determined or The Razz Dazzler starts tap dancing in a shiny red suit.

"Quick! Everyone pose for the birthday smiles memory album!" I shout, grabbing the camera as everyone surrounds Soos and I take the photo. But when we actually get a look at the photo, Soos wasn't smiling, he was frowning. "Soos, what's wrong?" "It's uh...It's nothing. I uh, I gotta go fix a pipe or something," He says, glumly walking away when Grunkle Stan, Wendy, and (y/n) turn the corner.

"Woah, did you guys see Soos what happened to-" Wendy starts to ask when they notice the party set up. "Oh no...Please tell me you didn't...Ok you guys didn't know so it's not your fault," (y/n) sighs out before Wendy tells us "But Soos hates his birthday." "What?" We ask in unison and they shrug. "It's a total mystery, I guess he's been like this since he was a kid. Some weird personal biz." "There's gotta be something we can do," I say and (y/n) shakes her head. "We've tried everything." "I even petitioned the government to have this day removed from calendars, now I'm not allowed on airplanes," Grunkle Stan says and (y/n) grabs Dipper's and my hand saying "Come on let's find Soos and cheer him up." "I dunno guys, maybe we should just leave him alone."