Gravity Falls Shorts: Stan's Tattoo

Dipper's p.o.v.

(y/n) and I stand in front of the camera and next to our theory board covered in photos and notes of our latest mystery: Grunkle Stan's tattoo. Mabel had just turned on the camera and started filming while crushing my head with her fingers. "Hello I'm Dipper Pines and this is my best friend (y/n) (l/n). The girl trying to crush my head is Mabel," She waves her hand in front of the camera stating "I'm helping." "Today on Dipper and (y/n)'s guide to the unexplained-" I cut myself off as Mabel continues crushing my head on camera. I wave her hand away.

"Okay, that's enough. Today we investigate anomaly #23 Grunkle Stan's secret tattoo," I explain as (y/n) and I hold up the cardboard we had written on before gesturing toward our theory board. Mabel zoons in on it all as I continue. "What is he hiding? A college prank? Secret symbol? Or something stranger?" "Stan knows we know it exists yet he continues to claim it doesn't and today we're gonna find out," (y/n) chimes in.

"Right after another exciting episode of...What's under Mabe's bandage?!" My sister cuts in, pointing the camera at her knee as she starts to sing, peeling off her band-aid. "Ew Mabel!" I exclaim, snatching the camera away from her.

Once we convinced Mabel to do her show later we head over to the thermostat where Soos was waiting for us. "Ok, here's the plan: Stan never takes off his undershirt," I get closer to the camera. "Obviously to hide his tattoo. But (y/n), Soos, and I are gonna turn up the heat on this mystery," I start raising the temperature to 100 degrees while Soos laughed, and (y/n) rolls her eyes in amusement.

"Literally! I love how you come up with stuff like that," With that out of the way we hide behind the shelves in the store as we watch Soos try and bait him. "Grunkle Stan's a very stubborn man, I doubt this'll work but it's worth a shot," (y/n) mutters as we watch. "Whoo, hot in here today huh Mr. Pines?" Soos gives the camera a wink with a thumbs up. "Probably would be a lot cooler if we worked without our shirts on!" Soos throws his shirt off while Grunkle Stan makes a face, causing (y/n) to cover her mouth to prevent herself from laughing, so did Mabel. They both hold in another laugh as Stan tells Soos:

"Soos I will pay you to put your shirt back on." "Oh don't be shy Mr. Pines, bodies are nothing to be ashamed of," Soos says, positioning himself on the counter before Stan tells him "Watch the shop for a minute, Soos, I need to go find a melon baller and pull my eyeballs out," Grunkle Stan leaves and (y/n) finally lets out a chuckle. "That's Grunkle Stan for ya," Soos starts doing a dance with his body fat.

"I'm not doing it." "What why?" "Because I don't want one of Grunkle Stan's punishments," (y/n) tells me crossing her arms and I sigh. "Ok I'll do it," I grab the camera and whisper to it. "Ok, plan b," I walk into the living room where Grunkle Stan was and address him. "Heavens! Is that poison oak on your shoulder? Let me scratch it for you," I extend my arm out and he slaps it away.

"Kid if you're trying to see my tattoo you're gonna have to try harder than that." "Ahha! I thought you said you didn't have a tattoo! I call him out when Grunkle Stan grabs me and starts writing on my forehead with a marker stating "I don't. But you do." "What do you mean I- AAAAAAHHHH!" Shoulda heeded (y/n)'s warning about my punishments."

I wait until Grunkle Stan gets in the shower and I turn the camera to face me, Grunkle Stan had written Goober on my forehead. "Okay, plan c. Stan is in the shower. I wish it hadn't had to come to this but sometimes you have to do terrible things for science." "I believe in you Goober," My sister cheers. "Yeah, good luck Goober," (y/n) teases. "Dipper, just say Dipper."

I walk into the bathroom to find Grunkle Stan, fully clothed in the shower, glaring at me as the water sprayed at him. "You're never gonna see it, kid. Never. Gonna. See it. "How long have you been standing there?" I ask nervously. "Give me that camera!" I run away screaming. When I somehow manage to get away I meet (y/n) up on the roof and she addresses the camera. "So it looks like we're gonna chill out on the roof for a while." "I'M GONNA FIND YOU KID!" We hear Grunkle Stan's shouts from inside as (y/n) shakes her head with a sigh stating "Well that's it for this episode."