The Deep End: Part 5

Mabel's p.o.v.

I watch as Mermando hops out of the pool and flails around before hopping into the cooler. "Hey! Who's there?!" I hear my brother shout as he started racing over and I shut the cooler when Mermando said "Quick! Hide me! My kind must not be seen!" "Mabel? Is there anyone not breaking into the pool tonight? What is Soos here too?" My brother asks once he sees me. Soos climbs over the fence and lands on his back. "I'm ok." "Go home, Soos." "You got it," He starts to climb back over.

"So why are you here?" He starts asking me questions again and my mind goes blank. "Uh...No reason," I give him a nervous smile when the clear sound of someone clearing their throat came from the cooler. "Did that cooler just clear its throat?" I start to get nervous and babble. "Don't be silly, there certainly isn't a merman in there if that's what you're implying. Who said anything about a merman?"

He puts his hands on his hips telling me "Mabel I don't have time for your games if you don't give me those supplies, I'll lose my job!" I look down at my feet and sigh. "I understand..." Wait a minute whenever Dipper describes something cool to him he calls it the coolest thing ever but he didn't call his job the coolest thing ever? Something's has to be up, why wouldn't he care about the perfect job where he could spend time with Wendy? A thought hits me, his feelings for (y/n) have been developing, heck I've been watching it and been doing what I could to get them together...Did he finally develop a bigger crush on (y/n)?! Well, there's only one way to find out... I look up and my eyes widen as I point behind Dipper shouting "Look! (y/n) in a bikini!" He quickly turns around to look for (y/n) asking "Really?! At night?!"

Holy cow that worked! I don't have time to fangirl about this revelation, I'll have to interrogate him later. Quickly I hop into the cart and drive off shouting "Sorry Dipper!"

Dipper's p.o.v.

"Look! (y/n) in a bikini!" Mabel shouts, pointing behind me and I quickly turn around and scan the area asking "Really?! At night?!" My gaze trains on (y/n)'s frame as she turned the corner, not in a bikini, I turn around just in time to see Mabel driving off as she shouted "Sorry Dipper!" "Mabel!" I shout as (y/n) runs up asking what happened. I grab her hand and we hop into the pool mobile and drive after Mabel.

(y/n) uses the makeshift slingshot from the pool supplies and starts throwing water balloons at the cart. Grabbing the megaphone I shout through it. "Hand over the pool supplies in the name of pool law!" "Pool law sucks and so is your hat!" My sister shouts back before more water balloons were thrown at her. We turn the corner and head to Gravity Falls lake why does she need the supplies there?

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

I quickly change into my swimsuit and peek out of the girl's room for Dipper or (y/n)...No one was here. "The coast is clear," I sneak over to my chair and sit in it. "Ah now, all I have to do is wait fifteen hours until the pool opens...This was a good plan."

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

We continue to chase Mabel to the lake as I throw another water balloon, hitting the small cover in the middle as water starts to pour out and I watch as the lid lifts a bit, something was in that cooler! But what?

We approach the lake and Mabel skids to a stop before the car tilts and she jumps out as Dipper swerves to a stop and we run up to her as she's patting herself down, telling us she was ok. "Alright, the jig is up, hand over that cooler!" Dipper demands and she leans on it shouting "Never!" "Why not? Mabel, why do you even need it?" I ask her and she finally spills the beans before opening the cooler and a merman tumbles out. "I need the cooler to save my new friend because he needs to go home and he's really nice and we combed each other's hair and he needs to be in the cooler because he breathes water because he's a merman!"

It's that guy that never left the pool! No wonder why! He gives us a wave. "Hola." "Woah, way to bury the lead Mabel." "Dipper, (y/n), Mermando the merman, he's a merman." "Nice to meet you, also I think I am dying," He tells us before he started gasping for...air? Or I guess water? He starts to turn blue. "Oh no Mermando! Dipper you're a lifeguard give him CPR!" Mabel shouts and he points out "Mermen don't breathe air!" "Then give him reverse CPR duh!" Dipper runs to the pool mobile and grabs a water bottle and I try to point out "Or you know could just roll him into the-" I cut myself off when Dipper poured water into his mouth and then started giving reverse CPR to Mermando. "I hate this...I hate this," Dipper repeated every time he came up to put more water in his mouth.

"Then stop, we can just roll him into the-" I stop again when I hear a clicking noise and turn to see Mabel taking a picture of what looks like Dipper kissing Mermando. "Haha, blackmail," I give her a blank stare before turning to Dipper to stop him when Mermando gasps and turns to Dipper. "Thank you for saving me but why didn't you just roll me into the lake?" He gestures to the lake which was just a foot or two away from where we were. "That's what I was trying to say," I say, shaking my head with a hand covering my face while Dipper facepalmed.

Author: Gravity Falls pool hours suck, when Stan said he had to wait 15 hours it was already sunrise, shown by Dipper chasing Mabel, so assuming the sun rises at 5, the pool would open at 7 PM and close at 7:30- 8:00 depending on when the sun sets because the episode shows the pool closing before sunset...Those are terrible hours for a pool. Don't expect me to go, I spend hours in the pool when we go.