10: The Dollhouse King

Chapter Ten- The Dollhouse King

Drunk

1. Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties.

2. Caused or influenced by intoxication.

3. Overcome by strong feeling or emotion.

4. Ex: drunk with power.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nam Ha decided to walk out on me. Right out the room. Just when I thought I finally had a friend here.

I turned, heart pounding, to try to follow her. But the lock clicked; because Tyson was the boss of everything.

"Sorry Laurie!" Nam Ha shouted. "He asked me to leave, so I have to!"

Godamn it. Everyone here had Stockholm's syndrome.

If only Nam Ha were a vampire like Ji, and Ji were human. Total role reversal. If Nam Ha were a vampire, she'd be dangerous, sure, but I'd probably feel less scared of her. She's so much more kind-hearted than Tyson.

Meanwhile. Remember that drunk vampire?

Tyson glanced at me silently. His chaotic eyes were dark and reckless.

My feet lurched backwards. He chuckled, lightly, stepping towards me. His movements were slower than usual, like he was relishing every motion.

"Lovely Laurie. Lovely Laurie. Why so frightened...?"

I closed my eyes, and imagined myself back on the balcony again. The smooth metal of the railing. The emptiness I felt as I jumped off.

My body clenched tighter.

I jumped. I had been ready to die, but why did I want to die, exactly?

Holy shit. I didn't even have a reason.

Why did I want to die? I hated myself, sure. But every other month, I was obsessed with myself. My endorphins only worked half the time. That was the perks and deficits of being Bipolar.

Tyson steps towards me. My back smacked into one of his abstract mosaics. My mind was made of scrambled eggs.

"Watch the art, lovely," he smirked, and morphed into a foreign tongue. "Berhenti menatapku seperti itu...."

I stared into his bloodshot eyes. "...What?"

He switched languages. "நீங்கள் ஒரு அதிர்ஷ்டம் பிச் உள்ளன. You're one lucky bitch, Laurie."

"No," I said. "No. Not really."

"Yeah, you are. I've been leaving you alone for a while. Smart job; really. You convinced me that you were unstable."

"I am unstable!" I laughed. "God; everyone here is unstable!"

He just scowled. Then he rolled his eyes at me.

"That's why I wanted to talk to you. So we can sort this all out."

The psychopath was as pale and terrifying as ever. A dark collared shirt was draped over his thin shoulders, along with a massive jacket. His long hair was pulled back into a severe ponytail.

I sighed. "Might as well put me back, if I'm so much trouble. Just teleport me."

"I'm not putting you back, Laurie... So go ahead; hit me."