*♡~Ch.1 - May I Have This Dance?~♡*

Marco's POV:

I stood in the middle of the ballroom. I couldn't find Star anywhere and this mask was starting to get hot. There were so many people everywhere, but through the crowd, I saw a glimpse of Star's pink dress. I was washed over with relief. As I ran up to her, I bumped into a handsome guy. Wait, is that Tom? I thought. Before I had the chance to process the fact that I just thought to myself that Star's EX, of all people, was handsome, a red light shone upon us. He gasped, but then reluctantly reached for my hand and softly asked, "May I have this dance?"

I grasped his hand and we danced together. It felt so natural. The beat flowing through my body, I looked into Tom's gorgeous eyes. I got lost in them and didn't notice the light slowly fading until it was gone. I realized what just happened and sprinted away.

Once I finally arrived home, I got changed into some comfier clothes and plopped face-down into my bed. I couldn't believe what just happened. Like, I danced with my best friend's ex, who is a guy, called him handsome, and couldn't get him out of my head! Then it hit me. Am I gay? No, I like Jackie, right? But, I've never felt this way about someone. Just then, Star burst into the room. She was wearing pajamas and an excited look.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"OMG! So, when I went to the Blood Moon Ball with Tom, I expected someone else to dance and not us. And, I was right!"

I pretended to be confused and asked, "Why are you so happy then?"

"SOMEONE RANDOM DANCED WITH TOM!" I gasped in an effort to seem surprised.

"Tell me EVERYTHING that happened."

"Well, this random guy bumped into him and he was frustrated, like always. Then, the light shone upon them. Tom asked the guy to dance, and they did. Tom described him EXACTLY like this: 'He was wearing a skull mask and a handsome suit. His brown hair was shiny and messy, but somehow still elegant. And the best part, his eyes. They were all I could see of his face, and they were a beautiful brown. I felt as though I could swim in them for hours. The kindness and shock that they held in them made them all the more alluring. The dance passed so quickly and ended all too soon. Just as I was about to ask his name, he ran away.' Like, can you believe that!?!? It's SO crazy!"

I zoned out after the last part. I was blushing profusely at the way he described me. Star noticed the change in my demeanor and instantly knew something was wrong.

"Marco, are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine. I just need some sleep. Goodnight, Star."

"Goodnight, Marco," she said as she left the room.

I got up, turned off the lights, and lay down in my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about his description of me. Is that really what he thinks of me? I thought. It can't be, he must've been exaggerating. Even though I tried to convince myself otherwise, I kept playing his words in my mind. I looked over at the clock, and somehow two hours had passed. It was 2 a.m. As I was looking at the clock, I finally drifted off to sleep.

Tom's POV:

I was at the ball with Star and I was really hoping that we wouldn't dance together. It would be the worst night ever. Our souls bonded together for all eternity. I can't believe I was forced to do this, I thought, That stupid Diaz always making me so nervous- My thoughts were interrupted by a guy bumping into me. I was about to tell him off, but suddenly a red light shone upon us from above. Everyone stepped back as I looked into his eyes.

I reluctantly reached out my hand and said, "May I have this dance?"

Soon, we were dancing. I was so mesmerized by him and I could hardly breathe, but I somehow managed to dance on. Of course on the night when I was going to come out to Star, I'm soul-bonded with a dude. Hold on, I'm being soul-bonded WITH A DUDE! I thought. I looked into his eyes and realized how gorgeous they were. I examined him fully and saw his handsome suit and chocolate hair. But no matter how much I tried to look away, I couldn't help but stare into his eyes. The light faded away, and just before I could talk to him, he ran away. I was in shock. I just stood there. Star comforted me the whole way home, and we even waited outside the Diaz's house for a while as she talked to me about everything. I described him to her.

"He was wearing a skull mask and a handsome suit. His brown hair was shiny and messy, but somehow still elegant. And the best part, his eyes. They were all I could see of his face, and they were a beautiful brown. I felt as though I could swim in them for hours. The kindness and shock that they held in them made them all the more alluring. The dance passed so quickly and ended all too soon. Just as I was about to ask his name, he ran away."

Star then said her farewells and entered the house. When I finally arrived home, I just lay in my bed in shock. I stayed like that for a while before I got into my pajamas. I still couldn't stop thinking about him. Instead of going to bed, I called Star.

"Hey, Star."

"Can't sleep either, huh?"

We talked for a while as we tried to connect the dots and eventually, I drifted off to sleep. Star left a text for me, which I found the next morning, that read, "Goodnight, Tom! (you fell asleep while we were on the phone)" I sighed and said aloud, "I wish I knew who you were, mystery boy."

A/N - Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I loved writing it. If you have any suggestions, comment them here. Thanks for reading! Hope your day is as lovely as you are!