CHAPTER TWENTYTHREE;

All the medics were now rushing to the male, who was bleeding profusely "what happened?" One asked.

"It appears he stabbed himself, but ending up hitting an artery." Another answered as they rushed to work on the male.

King looked at Alex who was in pure shock, staring at the scene. "Alex, baby, look at me." King said, slowly the male turned to him.

"Come here." King spoke, but Alex shook their head no.

"I can't, we will get in trouble." The blonde explained.

"Come. Here." King demanded, his voice low, Alex was quick to obey. They got of their bed and went over to King, who was quick to pull the male on his bed.

Alex was careful to not hurt King, since his stomach was patched up. When the two got comfortable, Alex resting in their side, an arm thrown around King's chest.

"I want you to focus on me and only me, okay?" King spoke, "I'll be stuck in here for a couple more days, because I had to get stitches and it's to dangerous to send me back."

The male heard the bed being moved to another area away from the two, Alex assumed it was to the placd they do surgeries.

Alex slowly nodded, locking eyes with King, like the male asked. "Why?" They questioned.

"If I get sent back and someone hears about my wound that's a weakness and I could easily be jumped." King said, "when you go back, inform Mave of everything. He'll protect you for me, until I'm back."

Another soft nod. "Why do you trust Mave so much?"

"Well, after my brother, I didn't really trust so much, so when Mave was introduced to me, I was cold to him. I hated him. It wasn't until he saved my life and almost killed himself that I knew I should be a little more open to trusting." King spoke, brushing through Alex's hair. "He took a bullet for me. He was willing to risk his whole life to protect mine and everh since then I have not let him leave my side. We put a lot of trust in to each other."

Alex hummed, closing their eyes and relaxing to the sound of King's pounding heart.

"Then Jessie came, he was a surprise. You should have seen how Maverick changed instantly the second Jessie stepped into the pod." King chuckled, "he beat the fuck out of Fred for touching Jessie, that's when Jessie was glued to Maverick's side. At first it was clearly for protection, but now I'm not so sure if that's all."

Alex giggled, "they love each other."

"Mhm, I think they do. Reminds me of us." King said.

That caused Alex to perk up a bit, not going unnoticed by King who laughed a bit. "Me and Mave aren't good with being affectionate," King started, "but we are trying to express our love and feelings for you and Jessie as best as we can. Mave is easier at it then me, because he had experience with being romantic. I was not. I was brought into the world of violence, where showing love got people killed so I was never able to find the one for me."

The smaller nodded, brushing their fingertips lightly agaisnt King's tan skin, "Jessie got it rough when it came to me trying to show affection, because I wasn't sure what to do, but when you came, it was different."

"How?" Alex questioned.

King smiled, thinking back, "Jessie has to grow to me, I grew to you."

The statement caused a small blush to form on Alex's face.

"I grew to love you." Alex stated.

"And I already loved you."

-
a/n; lgbteaaa

for u