CHAPTER TWENTY;

It wasn't until lunchtime the atmosphere changed, it was a bit quieter then usual and everyone's eyes kept darting over to King's table.

Mave could sense how things were not feeling right and started to walk around to other tables to get information. Alex and Jessie were calmly talking to themselves when a slightly shocked Maverick came back and quickly sat down.

King noticed the behavior, "what is going on?" He asked in a low whisper tone.

"That fucking psychopath put a hit out on Alex to get him stabbed and sent to the nurse so that he can also hurt himself as well and met him there." Maverick said, "no one knows who is going to take the hit or if anyone even dares to do so."

Alex's body tensed up. "Are you serious?" Jessie noticed and grabbed Alex's hand in comfort.

King jaw clenched, he balled up his fist and spat out the words. "He won't touch you. No one in this fucking prison is calling dibs on my bitch." He said.

The male quickly stood up from the table, making the cafeteria stop chatting and look at him. He was quickly pulled back down to his seat by Mave. "If you say anything that could piss someone off you risk a higher chance of Alex getting hurt."

King slowly nodded his head, clearly still upset with the news. "If someone even comes close to you, I'm punching them in their fucking face." He stated, his voice laced with such a cold tone it caused Alex to get goosebumps.

When lunch was over, King had refused to leave Alex's side, at one point he wanted to tie their arms together for even more protection, but the idea was quickly scrapped when Alex came up with the genius idea of not doing that.

The blonde male would be lying a bit if they said they didn't like the protective side of King. It sure did make them feel like they truly did matter to someone, which was an odd feeling. Definitely not a feeling he thought he would feel in prison.

When night came and it was lights out, King had manage to sneak into Alex's room successfully, quickly slipping into Alex's bed.

He pushed the smaller to the front of the bed, allowing him space to snuggle in behind Alex and cuddle them.

It felt weird at first for Alex to have King cuddle them, considering they were only use to Jessie's spooning which consisted of halfway through the night Jess would complain and make Alex cuddle him instead.

King had strong, muscular arms that wrapped tightly around Alex's small wrist that made them feel secure and safe.

Halfway through the night, there was the sound of people whispering and step coming toward the cell, quickly woke up King, due to him training himself to be a a light sleeper.

The second he saw a figure outside the cell, he got up. As he went to the door he was met with someone forcing the door open by busting the locking component. He felt a sharp pain in his stomach making him drop and groan in pain.

"Fuck that's not Alex." Someone said, before the three people surrounding the doorway ran away.

The door lock started beeping allowing people to know that the door was open.

Alex slowly woke up to see King on his knees and holding his stomach.

"Huh, what's going on?" Alex asked, going over to King and looking over the male.

"Get a medic." King spat out, clenching his teeth. "Your little boyfriend is going to be in for a surprise when I show up and beat his pussy ass."