xxviii

While I try and tidy up what small mess decorated the apartment, I saw Wilbur walk out with a smile, clothes slung lazily over his arm.

"Is someone finally taking a shower?" I question, hand resting on my hip with a sense of superiority, since the man hadn't stepped foot inside the shower for a few days now.

His hair looked like it could stick to something. "It's not my fault I forget to. You should remind me more, maybe then I'd be better at it."

I laugh a bit as he walks into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him as the sound of a fan turning on reaches me, followed by the showers droplets ringing out from the thin walls.

I hate those walls. Even when I lived alone, I felt like I never had privacy. What if the neighbors could hear me on a daily? It's just creepy to think about.

I go back to cleaning, seeing Wilburs old trench coat slung over the back of the couch; picking it up to look at it, the leather feels worn-in under my fingers.

He loved this thing.

Looking closer, I see a small L'manberg flag patch haphazardly sewn into his sleeve, and it's easy to tell either him or one of the others had something to do with it.

A small single cut was on the opposite sleeve, along with stains littering the entire thing. That'll happen when you do as much as he used to though.

Before I can get fully back into my session of cleaning, a small mumble exudes from the bathroom.

The sound seeps through the thin walls and I walk over, setting the jacket back onto the couch so I can listen in on what the man behind the walls was doing.

"Please save for me some gallantry that will echo when I'm gone. I beg of you sarge let me lead the charge when the battle lines are drawn—"

The man continues his small hum of a tune as I listen, smiling while slowly realizing it must've been something he got from the war.

"That's sweet," I mumble, enjoying the melodic toon of Wilburs voice, how he held control of it and maintained a good echo.

It was peaceful. Relaxing.

I wish he'd sing around me; he never does. I'm usually able to catch a small bit of him in the shower or occasional cooking moment, but never more.

"Hm? What was that Love? Are you listening to me again? My my, what a perv," Wilburs sudden voice right beside the wall makes me jump, letting out a small scream.

"I wasn't listening you, ya' ass! Don't assume!"

His laughter is loud before it slowly quiets itself down. "Of course you weren't. It's okay, I actually wouldn't mind if you joined me~ I'd sing for you all you wantt~"

My eyes roll and my cheeks heat up at his invitation, leading me to walk farther away from the wall.

"Finish up in there! I don't have time to listen to your 'temptations.'"

Once again his laughter echos, voice starting back up— louder this time —as if to ensure I could hear him even though I hadn't joined him in the shower.

"I heard there was a special place, where men could go to emancipate—"

"The brutality and tyranny of the rulers!" I add on, knowing the song from a familiar stream of Quackitys.

Wilbur goes quiet for a second before I hear him speak up one final time.

"Well look at that, you really are the perfect woman for me."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Guess what? Today is gonna be ALL fluff updates!! Consider it my treat for Halloween, no tricks! :3

I also need to develop some sweet plot again sooo killing two birds with one stone.