iii

"You're the one that's drawing me without explanation," He mutters, taking a sip of the coffee with a rather bored look, as if he was already tired with the entire scene he himself had started. "Stalker."

I close the notebook and put it in my bag to get the object away from our conversation, letting out a small sigh.

"Listen, I get it, cosplay is cool, and staying in character is neat, but you're taking it too far. You can't just do this to random people you meet."

Upon my explanation, the man only seems to grow more confused, an eyebrow raising as he uses his feet to push the seat back a bit and let it fall forward once again.

"I'm not sure what cosplay is, but I'm just being myself. It's only natural someone gets defensive when a stranger draws their entire outfit and face perfectly."

I start feeling embarrassed, seeing how I'm being called out for drawing someone who doesn't know me, yet I know them. But at the same time, it felt like a really twisted compliment to my art.

"I'm just drawing the person you're cosplaying, that makes you no better than me," I grumble, packing all my stuff up so I can walk back home and pretend I'd never met this man.

But he stands up as I do, startling me a bit. "Don't just walk away without explanation, I asked how the hell you know me, so answer."

Even though his tone wasn't raised, he put such ferociousness and aggressiveness behind the statement that a shiver ran down my spine.

I turn back to him with hesitation, meeting familiar eyes. They drew me in, dared me to go further— to push his buttons more.

But I didn't, I just took a deep breath, letting my shoulders relax down on the exhale. "Listen, you know where I drew Wilbur from, because you're dressed like him; so stop acting as if you don't know, and that I'm being some kind of creep."

I mutter the last few words, finally reaching the glass door. Sadly, my drink and snack had been left untouched, since the time I had was so rudely interrupted by a crazy person.

"I'm gonna get going Lea, I'll see you later," I wave, walking out of the shop and back into the bustle of the streets.

But— of course —he follows behind, and now my heart picks up pace with adrenaline. Is this dude really that loony?!

I try and go faster after noticing the dark black beanie hovering above some people in the crowd, but he's surprisingly fast, flying through the crowd while hot on my trail.

It was scary.

I'm scared.

Once I'm a minute-or-so away from my house and in a slightly less crowded area, I spin around.

"Leave me the hell alone! You're being a creep! Who the fuck follows someone outside and chases them down a street?! Huh?!"

For a moment, I watch as his expression softens, and he seems to think about what he's doing.

The innocent look makes my heart flutter, as if nothing bad had ever happened; but something had happened, and was still happening.

I shake my head to rid it of any googly-eye middle-school girl thoughts, standing my ground against this weirdo.

When he doesn't say anything, I dig into my pocket and pull out the small cellphone I put away. "Here, I'll just show you then."

I decide that giving in to the mans request and showing him how I knew what Wilbur looked like was easier than dealing with this, pulling up the newest live to show him the familiar British man.

The video is pre-set towards the end, since I cut it off after Philza killed Wilbur, but what I see makes my eyes widen.

Will had gone on to try and end the live right there, but a giant shock of blue lightning seemed to expel from the computer, his game crashing with it.

The grown man behind the screen nervously blows it off as a circuit issue he'd get to fixing immediately, but I know better.

And how I knew better, is because when I look over, there was a man standing beside me claiming to be Wilbur Soot in what he thinks is the afterlife.

"Is this me?" He questions, pointing to Will waving bye. "Because I never did that."

Instead of arguing, I just nod, taking note on what he was saying wordlessly. In some strange twist of events, I suddenly believed the man beside me.

I'm talking to Wilbur Soot, the obsessive founder of L'manberg, aren't I...

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Guess what guys, I figured it out :)