xix

"No."

Wilburs eyes seem to plead the woman, sitting on his knees next to the girl who was perched on the couch. Such a sight would be intriguing to an outside eye.

"But why not?"

She finally stands up, disregarding the man beside her in order to get a drink from the kitchen. "Wilbur, you're not in the right mindset right now. We're not going out to a public place until I deem you safe."

His chestnut eyes roll, standing up from the ground to follow his partner with persistence. "I'm not some little kid, y/n. And I'm not a crazed maniac either; so I have some PTSD and depression, who doesn't?"

y/n takes a deep breath, turning to Wilbur with a straight face. "No, Wil. A normal person with those issues would see someone for help, maybe pick up a new hobby. You, blew up a nation; you, killed people. I can't risk that."

He knew y/n was being honest; she was just looking out for both his safety and everyone else's. But it boiled up an unknown anger within him.

Wilbur wasn't crazy. He wasn't a lost cause. And when he imagined y/n thinking that of him, he hurt, and he scowled.

"Why can't we go out like a normal couple, huh?! I'm not some damn liability that you need to worry about! We can go out and I'll handle myself."

"You're not computing it right. We aren't going out until I know you're safe. You can't expect me to forget who you are! You're Wilbur Soot, the manipulative maniac and founder of L'manberg! You aren't safe when you're mad!"

"So you think you can just keep me caged in here like a dog?! Because I tried to do what I thought was best for my country?!"

"You know that's not what I mean, Wil! Jesus we've been a thing for three days and I'm already sick of this constant bickering."

y/n rubs her temples, taking in some breaths so she could collect her thoughts and gather herself.

Meanwhile, Wilbur stood there, his anger dying down a small bit as his body slumped back. "Yeah? Alright, fine, I'll see myself out."

The man makes a move for the front door, but y/n grabs onto his sleeve, trying to pull him back. "Wil, stop, we can talk this all out you just need—"

"Don't tell me what I need! Who the fuck are you to say something?! You're just my soulmate, that's it! Nothing about you will ever be more than that! To think I ever imagined us being more than an inconvenience for each other."

Wilbur yanks himself away so he can rage outside the door, slamming the wooden rectangle behind him while muttering profanities under his breath.

He leaves y/n stiff, body frozen but her eyes misting over. She's slow to work up a full-on cry, but she gets there, hand going up to cover her mouth.

She let out a small sob, her legs getting weak as she eased herself back to the couch, sitting down to pull her knees up to her chest.

Thoughts raced her mind, each one involving Wilbur. The two had taken some time off work to get the man in a better place mentally, only for him to run off a day later.

Over a simple disagreement.

y/n wipes her eyes, the water still falling rather quickly as she tried her best to get deep breaths into her lungs.

The apartment was quiet, something she wasn't used to because there was almost always the constant noise of Wil.

"He'll come back... and then we can talk it out. He always comes back; so he'll do it again, right?"

y/n mumbled to herself, watching as the clock above her head slowly ticked by, it's white noise echoing off thin apartment walls.

Every sound seemed to boom on her eardrums.

Meanwhile, Wilbur walked out into the fresh air, taking a small breath in to fill his lungs as he slowly entered the alley beside the apartments for some cover.

He didn't plan on going anywhere far, but the fact still stood that he needed a break. It's just beginning to be too much.

He can barely keep himself happy; so how the hell did he think he could keep his soulmate happy?

"She deserves more than— whatever I am."

His hands ran through his hair as a man slowly approached from the hidden shadows of the alley, holding a thin cigarette out towards a freaked Wilbur.

"Want a smoke?"

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Fights. Strangers. Here we go boys it's time for plotttt developmentttt!!

Editing this all later is gonna be a pain in my ass ngl.