vi

I step out of the warm shower and quickly throw my clothes over my limbs, wanting to check in on Wilbur and make sure he hadn't broken anything.

When I get out from the steamed up bathroom, I'm actually shocked to see the miracle-man still sitting on the couch blankly, hands in his face like they had been earlier.

My stomach grows nervous, and I start to worry. If he needs a doctor, then it's over for us, especially since Wilbur Soot doesn't necessarily have paperwork of any kind stating he's an actual person.

So, of course, I walk up to him, casually looking down at his hands to see something I didn't want to.

Now I'm definitely stuck in a dilemma.

There, across the mans hands, were the words 'With all due respect sir, you're weird as fuck' in a wonky print of red.

"Wilbur?" I reach out to shake his shoulder, but he flinches back, looking over to me as if he hadn't realized I was standing there in the first place. "Are you alright?"

I decide to ignore the marking until he brings it up, better to stall the news rather than blast in his face that he's apparently my so-called soulmate.

The person I'm supposed to share a heart with; share my life with.

Wilbur forgets about the hands for a bit to look at me, curiosity dancing around his inexpressive eyes. "Are you going to explain why you were screaming in the bathroom?"

He was still stuck on that I see, what a snoop. "Ah, well— stuff... y'know? It's girl problems, you wouldn't understand."

I wave him off with a playfulness that I hope gets rid of his questions as I go into the kitchen for some food, since it was officially lunch time and I had skipped breakfast because of... sudden and unpredicted inconveniences.

"Want a sandwich Wilbur?!" I yell a bit, even though it isn't necessary, and receive no words in return.

I look to see the man back on his hands, and I sigh, realizing that if I don't explain, he's going to just internalize all his feelings and thoughts.

"It's called a marking," My sudden voice makes him turn to me, and I can tell there's a chance he'll get aggressive again. "Soulmates share them."

He gets up, climbing over the back of the couch like a spider in order to get closer, holding out his palms.

From my perspective the words were upside down, but I knew what they said. "You said this to me, does that mean we're... soulmates?"

He tests the word out on his tongue, and though he obviously knows what it means, he doesn't seem to use it often or get its full depth here in the real world.

"Only if you think about it; don't worry though, I'm not interested in—"

"But you're such a bitch to me," He mumbles, not listening to the statement I was making at all.

My mood switches from understanding and explanatory to timid and riled-up quickly, raising my fist to the man. "Oi! Don't be a dick! You aren't any better!"

For the first time today, I see the ends of his lips curve up a bit, letting his hands drop. "So, this is an alternate universe, huh? Not the afterlife, as I hoped it would be?"

Seeing the change in Wilbur, my eyes widen. So he does know what's going on around him, he just doesn't... care?

I can't tell if that's a power move or a major inconvenience to me.

"Well, yeah. I didn't expect you to understand that though, given how set you were on being in the afterlife," I admit out loud, since the shock must've been obvious on my facial expression.

He nods, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Not to toot my own horn, but I'm quite a genius. I simply lied to you earlier since— well... I don't trust you."

My eyes widen as Wilbur directly expresses how he'd been portraying idiocy in order to try and screw with me.

"You're a dick, you know that," He nods nonchalantly, walking into the kitchen to grab a drink without care. "How am I supposed to be soulmates with someone like you?"

He flips around and hops onto the counter, butt plopping onto my wooden surface with no respect toward it at all.

Wilbur opens the carbonated beverage, tipping some of the liquid down his throat with a satisfied sigh before looking to me.

"I don't know, sounds like a you problem Sweets."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Don't judge me for trying to imagine Wilbur as the type of guy to change up really fast depending on how he feels.

Not necessarily multiple personality disorder, but kinda just an unstable mofo with a lot of mental trauma.

Sweet boi is trying to protect himself by being an asshole and a pick me and a manipulator.

He's not a good guy and he shall not be portrayed as such :)