ii

There's a small clank, and I can smell the delicious aroma of a puffed pastry, alerting me that the rush must be over and my regular sweet-treat must have arrived.

"Thanks Lea," I acknowledge, not looking to the girl as I focus on drawing a small sketch of Wilbur with the fresh paper; his beanie wasn't looking right to my critiquing eye. "You're the best."

She nods quietly, as to not disrupt my focus too much, watching me subconsciously as I try and shade in the large trench-coat properly. "You've always been good at art, you know."

"Mhm."

I didn't want to be rude, but leaving my focus would ruin the drawing, I can feel it.

Luckily, we don't have to awkwardly talk with each other much longer, because the bell rings out for what felt like the millionth time today.

It was later in the morning now, and the usual rush had died down by a lot, but a good coffee shop is busy all day.

Especially since people had different work schedules, and therefore different waking hours.

"Hi! How can I help you?" My friends familiar voice raises in pitch for the stranger as they order a drink. I finally get the beanie right, seeing the whole image come together.

"Heh, I'm so gonna hate this if I stare long enough," My small mumble doesn't go unnoticed, because a head peers over my shoulder in curiosity.

I don't mind much, since the drawing isn't half bad, and most people like to look at art; so I just lean back, allowing their eyes to scan.

"How the fuck do you know who I am?"

The familiar voice makes me turn around, and the sight I'm met with turns my throat into the Sahara; so instead of attempting conversation with a dry croaky voice, I stare into his chestnut brown eyes, both of them constricted and dangerous.

An immediate feeling of dread hits me as he continues to wait for an answer, my mouth opening slightly only to close back down.

"Well? Are you gonna say something? Are you a stalker?" His hand reaches out towards me, but Lea touches his elbow lightly, making him stop his sudden actions.

The man takes a small step back as my friend holds a pressured smile. "Your coffee is ready, sir."

He looks back to see the dark steaming drink and I watch his every move with paranoia, turning from the image of Wilbur Soot to... well— Wilbur Soot.

Everything was spot on, from the way his hair fell over his right eye by a small bit, to the long dark-brown trench coat that dawned his body and engulfed his fugue.

The pale face looked just like Will's too, but something was... wrong. He just didn't seem right, coming from someone that didn't even know who the famous YouTuber was as a real person.

He grabs his drink and walks over to occupy the seat Lea once did. "Sir? You have to pay—"

"You're watching me?"

Despite seeming more lengthy than strong, I cower. The way he held himself was intimidating, and I had no idea who this man was.

Obviously it wasn't the Will Gold, because he just wrapped up a live stream like... eight states away from me.

And it can't be Wilbur Soot, as in the Minecraft skin, that's just flat-out impossible.

So I'm currently chalking this up to some crazed cosplayer that looked identical to Will, but with issues; considering he was looking from my drawing to me with impatient eyes and a tapping foot.

I remain quiet, waiting to see if he'd leave me alone sooner or later on his own, even if that sounded utterly idiotic.

To my surprise, he leans back, relaxing himself a bit more as time moves, rather than getting more impatient. "Is this the afterlife?"

His question scares me more than the aggressive vocabulary from before, because now he seemed boarder-line psychotic.

Like when your mom goes from being mad to suddenly being calm.

Of course this isn't the afterlife, it's Downtown Coffee on the corner of Maryville Road. Any normal person would know where they are in this small town, but not the crazed man across from me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Lea signaling to her phone, silently asking if she should call the cops, but I shake my head.

He was calm now, and I'd rather keep everyone out of trouble if possible. Maybe he's just having a bad day, I don't know.

"Sir, with all due respect, you're weird as fuck."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

How is y/n gonna figure out it's actually Wilbur and not some crazy look-alike cosplayer?? I've got no idea yet but I'll get there.