vii

I stand and glare at the brunette, half tempted to grip his ear up and rip him off of my countertop by force.

But I'm nicer than that.

"Get out of my house."

He looks to me, smirk slowly growing. "You'd throw your soulmate out that quickly? Isn't it taboo to do that or something?"

Of course it is, but he doesn't know that. He's just taking shots into the dark right now with hopes that he'll hit a target.

Besides, it's taboo to emotionally damage your soulmate, and as far as I'm concerned, either one of us could literally die right now and we wouldn't be very bothered.

"Get. Out. This whole thing just started as me trying to explain stuff about this place that you already secretly knew, so you can leave now."

I watch as he mulls the words over like he has a choice, before nodding, taking a final sip from his drink before jumping back to the floor. "Alright then, soulmate."

The way he used the word as if it was derogatory made my skin crawl, his figure leaving the apartment without care or complaint, shutting the door behind him with a final wave.

I stand there blankly, my jaw slack after having just kicked out the man who I'd waited my entire life for as a lonesome single woman.

Most teens dated throughout high school, experimenting with things even if it wasn't their soulmate.

And that wasn't unusual to see in the slightest, because finding your soulmate was rare, and people don't have a patience.

But I do.

I believed that one day, the one that truly belonged with me would come around at some point, and he did, but dammit I never thought about how my soulmate could be an asshole.

He's so— Neh! Just— Bleh!

I grumble, seeing his drink can still on the counter. I go and grab it, dropping the liquid down the sink before putting the container into a bag for later when I can get money for returning it.

"What a douche," I mutter, knowing full well I wasn't any better than he was. "Soulmate my ass."

As I settle down onto the couch, scrolling through the television channels, I sigh, my mind not leaving the image of Wilbur smirking at me.

Even if the smirk was chock-full of a cocky attitude and harsh well thought out words.

"That idiot somehow bothers me even when he's not around... ugh," I try and get him away from my thoughts with a movie, but by the end, his image is still prominent.

"It's unfair! I didn't think of Wilbur like this until I found out he was my soulmate! The love isn't there!" I yell at my own brain, getting riled up easily. "What the fuck!"

Sitting in denial for a few more minutes I finally stand with a silent growl, grumbling over to my front door so I can go outside in search of the rodent I'd thrown out.

Something in me thought it'd be better to just stuff him inside a room so he's near rather than constantly have his annoying grin in my head.

It doesn't take much to find him though, because just as I turn the corner to my stairs, Wilbur is standing there with grocery bags in hand, an old lady with deep-set wrinkles slowly getting up the steps on her own accord.

My eyebrow raises, and I can see Wilbur silently telling me to shut up, eyes going downturn as he flinched towards me aggressively.

I hold in a small laugh, not being able to take him serious as bags fill his arms and a small old woman wobbles behind him with a large smile.

He looked like such a sucker.

But I knew better. Behind that kind smile he offered towards the woman as she thanked him for helping, was a dangerous man with a calculating mindset.

A traitor. A leader. A warrior... a soulmate.

With the woman officially inside, he turns towards me, already itching for an argument. "Don't think you're special, I was leaving when she passed by in a struggle."

"Oh? So you helped her for—" I look down to my phones screen. "Two hours?"

It's my turn to smirk, and he hesitates. Sadly, I only feel superior to him for a moment, because he's quick with a comeback. "So what were you doing outside the apartment? Looking for me, Darling?"

His taunting voice enrages me, but I take a small breath, putting on a mask of false enjoyment. "Is it illegal for someone to go out in search of a snack?"

Wilbur shakes his head, pointing down towards my legs. "I'd say no, if you weren't barefoot."

"Just get inside and shut up."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Since it's the weekday I'm only gonna post a few chapters compared to my weekend updates :) adios!